Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created 2 wd components.

1) model comp

2) UI comp

Model comp has a webservice model.

Context mapping of Model comp :

ws_model ---> comp controller ---> interface controller.

i have added model comp as used comp in UI comp.

Context mapping of UI comp :

Interface controller --> Comp Controller --> View

I have created a InputField element in view and i'm trying to bind it to the model attribute...but it wont let me do so...!!!!

ERROR : select an attribute of type "string".

What i can identify is, in the interface controller context, i can see the type of the attribute as "string",

but not in the UI comp controller....property type is empty for the attribute in the UI comp controller.

what could be the problem????

Thanks in anticipation,

Sudheer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a one Valu node with structure binding of that model node.and then copy data of model node to that newly created value node by using following code,and then bind the input field ui elelment to that value node attribute which u want to bind.

context>(right click)value node->checked the with strcture binding-->and mapp with model node.

write code as follow,

WDCopyService.copyElements(wdContext.node<model node>,wdContext.node<newly created value node>);

hope it will help u.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhilasha,

i will try that...

But here i am trying to send inputs to the model as well....from the view...!!!

FYI

Here is the build error.....

[wdgen] [Info] Generating packages/com/test/wdp/IMessageTestApp.java

[wdgen] [Error] com.abb.comp.ui.EDMView --> InputField InputField [value]: Context element and property are not compatible

[wdgen] [Warning] com.abb.comp.ui.EDMView --> InputField InputField: UIElement does not have a label

[wdgen] [Info] Catching throwable null

[wdgen] [Info] com.sap.webdynpro.generation.ant.GenerationAntTaskError

[wdgen] at com.sap.webdynpro.generation.ant.GenerationAnt.showCheckResult(GenerationAnt.java:157)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.generation.Generation.check(Generation.java:2047)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.generation.Generation.generatePersistentComponent(Generation.java:1296)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.generation.console.GenerationConsole.generate(GenerationConsole.java:175)

[wdgen] at com.sap.webdynpro.generation.ant.GenerationAnt.main(GenerationAnt.java:50)

[wdgen] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

[wdgen] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

[wdgen] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

[wdgen] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

[wdgen] at com.sap.webdynpro.generation.ant.WDGenAntTask.execute(WDGenAntTask.java:219)

[wdgen] at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:275)

[wdgen] at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:364)

[wdgen] at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:341)

[wdgen] at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:369)

[wdgen] at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1214)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.techdev.ant.util.AntRunner.run(AntRunner.java:112)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultAntBuildAction.execute(DefaultAntBuildAction.java:61)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin.handleBuildStepSequence(DefaultPlugin.java:218)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin.performBuild(DefaultPlugin.java:195)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPluginV3Delegate$BuildRequestHandler.handle(DefaultPluginV3Delegate.java:66)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPluginV3Delegate.requestV3(DefaultPluginV3Delegate.java:48)

[wdgen] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

[wdgen] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

[wdgen] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

[wdgen] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.maybeInvoke(PluginHandler2.java:347)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.request(PluginHandler2.java:99)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.build(PluginHandler2.java:73)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginHandler2Wrapper.execute(PluginHandler2Wrapper.java:58)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:1723)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:5633)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dcproject.BuildAction.buildDCsForDevConfig(BuildAction.java:307)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dcproject.BuildAction.access$200(BuildAction.java:58)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dcproject.BuildAction$1.run(BuildAction.java:212)

[wdgen] at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)

[wdgen] ERROR: Unknown exception during generation null (com.sap.webdynpro.generation.ant.GenerationAntTaskError)

[wdgen] ERROR: Generation failed due to errors (1 seconds)

Error: C:\Documents and Settings\skareti\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\com.abb\uicomp\_comp\gen\default\logs\build.xml:75: [Error] Generation failed!

Thanks,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would you please tel me

1) Is it a local DC.

2) is it a NormalWD project.

The node which you are using wht is the data type of it. Here is quick step

1) Create two projects P1 and P2.

2) Import the model in P1

3) Add the model in P1.

4) Map the Model Node to the interface controller of the P1.

5) Add the project P1 to P2 as used WD component

6) Map the Node from interface controller of the P1 with comp controller of P2.

7) Map the node from comp to view

😎 right click on the root container and say apply tempalte.

You can now check if these are the steps and stil you are facing some issue , does it work fine when you create the model in the same project ?

Regards

Pankaj Prasoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

These projects are Local DCs , not normal WD projects.

The only diff in the steps that u told from what i did is at step 4.

I mapped the model node to the component controller if P1 and comp controller context to Interface controller of P1.

What is recommended ?

Yes , it works fine when i import the model in the same project.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Can u try making the model public and try ? See i cannt see the project so would be able to tel you the exact issue for the project.

Regards

pankaj prasoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Please let me know how to do the same ?

Thanks,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sudheer,

can u try doing ...it again , i dnt see any reason why it shd happen like that , check if the mapping is done correctly.

regards

Pankaj prasoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

This looks strange to me as well.

i have done this repeatedly...with little success.

mapping is done ....

I open the Interface controller of model comp....see the context... i can see in the properties of attribute...type of attribute is string.

But when i open the Comp controller of UI and see the context..i cannot see the type of attribute !!!!!!!!

Now i find that the project cannot built...

there are build errors!!!

Thanks,

Sudheer.

Edited by: Sudheer Kareti on Sep 11, 2008 7:29 PM

Edited by: Sudheer Kareti on Sep 11, 2008 7:58 PM