cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing R/3 Dev System

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, in BI is it possible to just change the settings of the existing R/3 Source system to point to a new dev system or do I have to create a whole new R/3 Source System? If I do have to create a new system, how do I go about reconnecting all of the datasources to this new system?

Thanks for your help!

Ken Murray

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChandranGanesan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have to reconnect all the datasources as the datasource time stamp between the existing and the new system will be different.

Once the new source system is mapped to the BW System(establish RFC connection by BASIS), then do the following

Goto the New Source System

Replicate the datasource

Choose the InfoSource and assign the datasource from the new system

Thanks

Chandran

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for the help. OK, I now know that I have to manually reconnect everything which can be daunting if you have lots of connections! What about having multiple R/3 Source Systems? Can I have multiple R/3 Source System definitions? For exeample. I have an existing R/3 DEV Source System and I need to create another one. I'm running into errors so I want to make sure you are allowed to have more than 1 R/3 Source System that is DEV..

Thanks for the help!

ChandranGanesan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, you can configure more than one R/3 System. You have establish a connection between the new system (RFC Destination - SM59)

What is the error you are getting?

FYI : We have multiple source system (R/3) for the same DEV system.

Thanks

Chandran

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are passed the errors. Password issue. We also had a problem where the R/3 Source System being created was showing up as a BW System. This was due to someone executing RSA1 on the Source system leading the BW system to think it was another BW SYSTEM.

See note

Note 1087980 - ECC Source systems appearing in BI folder

Thanks for your help with this!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems to have been a password issue on the source system and user type was dialog instead of system