Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Payroll Challenge

Hello Payroll Experts!!

I am calling it Challenge because whoever I spoke to hasnu2019t given me a clear answer, and most of the time it has been u201Cnot possibleu201D.

Logic:

1. There is a Wage Type (which is defined as neither Payment nor Deduction). Lets call it W1

2. W1 has following settings related to classes:

a. Processing Class 1: Assignment to valuation bases = 0 (Wage type is not included in a valuation basis)

b. Processing Class 20: Cumulation and storage at end of gross part = 1 (Transfer unchanged)

c. Cumulation Class 1: Total gross amount = Unchecked

d. Cumulation Class 10: Net payments/deductions = Unchecked

e. Reset all classes have either default or Zero value.

Explanation:

We are defining a Wage W1 which neither adds nor deducts the salary of an employee. However, I want W1 to be processed in Payroll and finally when I do the posting it should be able to post to respective G/L account.

Reason for activity:

Client wants to record the amount of W1 in HR, so that later a report can be generated. However, W1 is not a payment or deduction. It is a Cost (Training Cost, Visa Cost etc), which has to be linked to an employee.

I agree there is a work around to this issue; however, I am more interested in knowing if the above logic is right and will I be able to get the desired result of posting the Wage Type value to G/L Account, without making payment or deduction to employee payroll?

I hope you enjoy this case study as much as I am enjoying to research on it.

Thanks

Yash

Former Member
Former Member replied

Wonderful....

I think the charateristics you're defining would be sufficient. Just let me know if you need further help in testing the WT.

Good Luck for BBP.

Arti

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question