Did you mean: 

BOE-XI (R2) - .Net CMC giving an unkown "WCA plugin error"

former_member183781
Active Participant
0 Kudos

BOE-XI (R2)

Service Pack 3

Windows 2003 Server

Deployed a clean single-server install of PREMIUM with both Tomcat and IIS WCAs.

Java CMC and InfoView are running OK.

.Net InfoView is running OK.

.Net CMC gives the following error...

<b>WCA plugin error</b>

Message:An exception has occurred in the admin plugin with message: An unknown error has occurred.

Stack Trace:

at BusinessObjects.Enterprise.WebComponentAdapter.WebComponent.Process(HttpContext context)

at BusinessObjects.Enterprise.WebComponentAdapter.WCAHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

-

My guess is that it is a rights issue on the server or an IIS setting.

Anyone seen this before...?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I am having same issue, i can see you have mentioned you found the fix. and we need to update the WebConfig.

Can you please explain what exactly we need to update in WebConfig?

waiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am running into the same issue. Can someone post the solution? The topic is posted as answered but I see no solution posted. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am also having this problem, any fix?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark were you able to resolve this issue? We are really struggling and any help in this regard will be highly appreciated. Request you to provide more details about the solution you refered in your reply about webconfig files.

thanks a lot in advance.

Puneet

former_member183781
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It's been a couple of months - and I will need to dig back through my notes to confirm the details for you...

former_member183781
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Found the fix - we had to update the WebConfig in the following paths...

\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\Web Content

\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\Web Content\Enterprise115\InfoView

\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\Web Content\Enterprise115\WebTools

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the same error when clicking on CMC in the server applications section

What did you have to edit?

Thanks

Ben