Changing Marketing Attribute Length from 2 to 3 places
In our project we are using certain marketing Attribute. Now requirement is to change their length from 2 char to 3 char.
Now these attributes have already been used in Attribute set and assigned to BP..Please tell me how can I resolve this issue.
Thanx & Regards
The correct way is:
1. Do a separate selection / target group for each of the values and save that
2. Delete the assignment of the attribute using CRMD_MKT_TOOLS reports
3. Delete the attribute from the attribute set
4. Create a new attribute with length 3
5. With CRMD_MKT_TOOLS (appropriate report there) you set the value for each target group again.
However, you can still go and directly update the appropriate content of the tables cabn (definition of the attribute), cawn (attribute values) and ausp (assignment to the business partner) directly with an own report - if you want to.
Be aware that the second solution definitely does not work with mobile sales, and if you have the set assigned to more than 400 BP's the first solution does not work directly either. There is note 772711 describing a report helping you out there, but this report is not compatible with mobile sales either, you need to write a oss message on this to get the correct code modification (hopefullly they will put it into standard somewhere in future).