Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

editing the F4 help screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

When using tcode SE16 to view table KLAH, the first selection criteria is 'Int Class No.'. When I put the cursor in this selection box and press F4 for the help screen, I get a list of all of the entries for the IntClassNo field just like I am supposed to. What I would like to do, is edit this help screen so that along side the 'IntClassNo' field I can also see the 'Class' field entries right next to it. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Your requirement is possible.

Check on this link.

[http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/ABAP/SearchHelp/page1.htm]

Regards,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

create ur own serch help. and u can get the fields tht u want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I have used the information provided and created my own search help screen called 'z_class'. Now how do I link that to the search field of the CLINT field on the table KLAH so that I can use it when using se16 to view the table?

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have figured out how to link my new search help to the field I want 'CLINT', but the KLAH table is an SAP original table and requires an access key to change it. Is this the best way to do it, or should I do it another way?