cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Contract not created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

there is a strange behaviour in a SRM 5.0 System.

We implemented BADI Determine Logsys for creation of local contracts in R/3. The process works fine from the Bidding Engine, but the contract is not created via the contract transaction. Looking into the details the system does not give the contract the logical system where to post the contract.

Any infos on this issue in the group?

Cheers,

Claudia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should work. I just tested it and it works fine for me. But in my case I haven't used the BADI BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS to determine the logical system.

Hope this helps!

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi IA,

thanks for your response.

What did you do instead using BADI BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS?

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you debug the BADI? What sometimes happens with the doc_change_badis is that some fields are not filled in different scenarios, so sometimes the item structures are empty and another time header data is not filled. Maybe that is the case here as well.

There is probably a failed check in the beginning of the badi, can't be sure as you didn't give the implementation of it.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

we checked the BADI - it is not called at all. And there is no other BADI interfering.

I am very curious, as also SAP told us, that the Backend Contract is not working from the Contract trx. It works fine with all the other releases, but not with 5.0?

Does it really work for you guys in 5.0?

Cheers,

Claudia

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. It worked on SRM server 5.5. I have not used the BADI and therefore by default it creates a local contract. Deactivate the BADI adn try.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

It creates a local contract in the Backend System by default?

I doubt that - a local contract in SRM - yes, but not in R/3 without any usage of a BADI.

Cheers,

Claudia

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, in order to push it to backend you need a BADI but not to create in SRM.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

it looks like SAP told you what the normal way is to create contracts in the backend directly: from sourcing or from bidding. take a look in the configuration guide for SRM 5, page 60: [click here (login to SAP)|https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700002897362004E/CG_Sourcing5.pdf]

(III) When creating an operational contract or a global outline agreement from the

contract management application of SAP Enterprise Buyer the system does not use

BAdI B1. The implementation of the BAdIs B2/B3 is optional.

B1 is the determine_logsys badi.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin, Hi IA,

I am not sure, if I explained my issue correctly.

Besides GOAs, I want to have Purchasing Contracts directly created in the Backend System - I do not want to use local Contracts in SRM.

By Standard local Contracts are created in SRM. In order to get a Purchasing Contract created in the Backend System, the BADI "Determine Logsys" needs to be implemented in SRM.

Usually it works in all the different releases.

When doing this in the current project, the contract is created in the Backend System as a FollowOn Doc from the Bid Inviation Transaction successfully,

but NOT from the "Process Contract" Transaction or the "Carry Out Sourcing" Transaction - this usally works, but not in this system.

Any further hints would be really great!

Thanks & Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

d

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure though, Did you implemented this method CONTRACT_LOGSYS_DETERMINE from the BADI BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS?

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes - method is implemented with CV_LOGSYS = 'logicalsystem name'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia, yes you explained it well and I understand your problem. However from my earlier post you can see that you can't create backend contracts using the process contracts transaction as the determine logsys badi is not used. The creating of contracts from sourcing should work.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

This will not work! You cannot create a local purchasing contract in SRM and have it transferred to the ERP backend via the BADI BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS.

However if you need to trasfer the local contract to ERP, then you need to implement the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI and implement the contract specific method. Once done, you can then call the function module to create a contract in ERP. The BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS is only called when you create a contract via Bidding Engine and SoCo.

Hpe this helps!

Cheers

Sumat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could someone confirm, that in SRM 5.0 local contracts only be created from a Bid Invitation, but not from the contract transaction from scratch?

Cheers, Claudia