cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

< MODERATOR: Message locked. Please post this message in the [Asset Accounting forum|;. >

Hi,

I have config asset accounting. My company fiscal year is calandar year.When i am running Depreciation through t.code AFAB i am giving company code, fiscal year, and period.i am running depreciation for August, 08 then i select plann posting run. System doen't allow for posting 8 its allow period 1. i have select Unplanned posting run its taking at test mode.

But its showing following error

Field Cost Ctr is a required field for G/L account 1000 526105

Message no. F5808

Diagnosis

The value for field "Cost Ctr" in the interface to Financial Accounting is an initial value but you are required to make an entry in the field selection for G/L account "526105" in company code "1000" linked to the field selection for posting key "40".

System Response

Error

Procedure

It might be an error in the configuration of the G/L account field selection. The initial application, used to call up the interface must otherwise define a value for field "Cost Ctr". If this is the case, contact the consultant responsible for the application used to call up the interface or get in contact with SAP directly.

I have set cost center field required

regards

cvs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Diagnosis

The value for field "Cost Ctr" in the interface to Financial Accounting is an initial value but you are required to make an entry in the field selection for G/L account "526105" in company code "1000" linked to the field selection for posting key "40".

You have actually posted saying you have made the cost center required. Have you made it mandatory in OBC4. But as far as the diagnosis is concerned, it speaks about field selection for posting key 40. So, you could check for the same in OB40-->select the posting key "40", and plz check the field status for cost center in posting key 40.

If cost center is suppressed there in OB40, and mandatory in OBC4, then you would encounter such conflicts.

regards

soujanya

former_member348872
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assign cost center tin the Asset Master.

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto TCode OKB9 and enter the required details.

Cheers

Srinivas