cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you change pictures and text on the logon page?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all gurus!

Don't be misled by the topic of my question, I have already tried so many things found in different threads, and blogs, here on SDN and I have been adviced to and tried the following things:

- Edited the pictures in the directory "
Iwdfvm2160\saploc\EP1\JC03\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\portalapps\com.sap.portal.runtime.logon\layout".

- Edited the directory in Visual Admin "Global Configuration -> Server -> Services -> UME Provider" and there the property "ume.logon.branding_image".

- Downloaded the par-file com.sap.portal.runtime.logon and modified it with new pictures, renamed it, placed it in the right directory and then edited the "authscheme.xml" file to use it.

I have restarted the WAS after each of the things done above. No result, the picture stays the same every time.

Now I have seen in a new thread that you shall edit "(drive):\usr\sap\SID\JCNN\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\com.sap.security.core.admin\servlet_jsp\logon\root\layout".

What the heck is it all about? Do you have to edit/replace/do something else in two three different places in order to replace a damn picture on the very first page??? Excuse my language but I'm really fed up now. The strange thing is that some of the threads covering the topic are marked "answered". I'm starting to suspect that they are not but that the authors just have resignated and given up, like I will do soon...

So, if someone has something clever to say about this I'm all ears.

Best regards

Benny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again!

Just some more information to complete the data about what I have done:

I edited the par-file "com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par" (of course after making a copy of the original one) and placed it in this directory: "
Iwdfvm2160\saploc\EP1\JC03\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deployment\pcd". I erased the existing file "com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak" in the same directory, changed back to the original "authscheme.xml" file in Config Tool and then I restarted the WAS.

The result was as before, the old original pictures are shown at the logon page.

I can mention that we are running an EP7 SP9.

Best regards

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Benny,

I would recomend something , dnt copy . get the par file and import it in the NWDS . unzip the par and get the lib file and place in the folder in NWDS as importing the par does nt import the lib filer.

Now you can change the images using NWDS, try deploying it . It will work dont place it manually.

Quick Steps

Logon screen files are in ( a zipped file) com.sap.portal.runtime.logon which can be copied from

">\<SID>\<Instance>\j2ee\cluster\server<#>\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deployment\pcd\

It is to be noted that the file will be as com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak copy that file and remove the .bak extension using rename option (press F2).

iii) Import the PAR file into Netweaver Developer Studio:

a.) Select File>Import .

b.) Choose the option PAR file. Select Next and a popup window

appears.

c) Fill in the details in the screen which poped up .

d) unzip the par file and navigate to PORTAL-INF\lib , copy the jar files umelogonbase.jar and com.sap.portal.runtime.logon_api.jar and paste them in the project structure available in the NWDS (under portal-inf\lib).

e) Change whatever you want .

f) Deploy thepar on the server , open portalapp.xml select default and click on run.

make sure you rename the file before deploying.

regards

Pankaj Prasoon

Edited by: Pankaj Prasoon on Sep 11, 2008 7:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj.

I will follow your advice but I have a couple of questions:

When you say that I shouldn't forget to rename the file, do you mean to a new unique name like "se.mycompany.portal.runtime.logon.par"?

If I do this don't I have to edit the "authscheme.xml" (or make a copy of that xml file and make the server use that one at upstart) in order to use the new par file instead of "com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par"?

Or do you mean that I shall use the old name and substitute SAP's original par file with my new one, named exactly the same?

I forgot: do you mean that I shall open the portalapp.xml in NWDS and run it from there? Why? Isn't the deploying of the par file and the restart of the WAS enough?

Best regards

Benny

Edited by: Benny Lange on Sep 12, 2008 2:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Pankaj.

I just wanted to tell you what I have done and the outcome:

When I had imported the par file, done the things you said with the jars, deployed the par file with a new name ("se.name.portal.runtime.logon.par") and then run the default.xml, my new picture where shown.

Then I: .

- saved a copy of "authscheme.xml" as "authscheme_name.xml".

- edited it so it contained our par file instead of SAP's original one ("se.name.portal.runtime.logon.par" instead of "sap.com.portal.runtime.logon.par" and done in Config Tool).

- configured the portal to use "authscheme_name.xml" instead of "authscheme.xml" (also in Config Tool).

- restarted the WAS.

The outcome? The old pictures were still used...

Since I actually used the same name on my pictures as SAP does, I suspected that the original ones could be kept in the server cache. So I restarted the whole machine. No difference, the old pictures are still used...

I will try to do the whole thing all over once again but this time with new names but if it doesn't work then I will throw the towel in.

Best regards

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Benny,

After you are done with your customization. Try clearing the cookies and clear the PCD cache in here.

System Administration -> Support -> Portal Content Directory -> Pcd Administration

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sandeep Tudumu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

Sorry for the delayed reply , could you please change the name of the image also , and clear ur browser cache.As server cache will get clear if you are restarting it.

1) When i say change the name i mean dnt use com.sap.portal.logon.runtime. but some other name , this way you will have to change the authsxmes as well.

2) yes you have to run it from the NWDS

3) When you run from NWDS wht happens it will place the par automatically in the pcd folder and the corresponding class files are also genreated you dont have to do anything. Which makes life pretty safe.

Now once you are done with all changes you should proceed with changing the Authscmes.

And Dont Throw Towel so early dude, i bet you can do it easily.If you can any issue directly email me i am not on SDN as i am busy.

regards

Pankaj Prasoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Benny..

As far as i know

If you just want to change the image the only step you need to do it setting the ume.logon.branding_image property in UME.

- Connect to the Portal's WebAS Visual Administrator

- Go to "Global Configuration" -> Server -> Services -> UME Provider

- look for following properties: ume.logon.branding_image and ume.logon.branding_text

- Change the image location for the desired one, but be sure the new images are present on a web server location over the WebAS

Please take care with the width of the images, as usual, to make this change effective, you must restart the whole WebAS

Also

Each time you upgrade the WebAS (install a new SPS) these images willbe overwritten, so take it into account in order to replace it again after upgrade.

&

Please verify whether the two par files:

1. com.sap.portal.runtime.logon_api.jar

2. umelogonbase.jar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I just made the steps via NWDIS.

When i run portalapp.xml and defautl everything seems to be working.

But when I open my portal normally, its still the old picture?

the par file is deployed.

Anyone any help on this?

EDIT: forgot to rename it to ...runtime.par

NOW WORKING FINE.

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by: Chris on Jul 3, 2009 10:31 AM

Answers (0)