Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How do you change pictures and text on the logon page?

Hi all gurus!

Don't be misled by the topic of my question, I have already tried so many things found in different threads, and blogs, here on SDN and I have been adviced to and tried the following things:

- Edited the pictures in the directory "
Iwdfvm2160\saploc\EP1\JC03\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\portalapps\com.sap.portal.runtime.logon\layout".

- Edited the directory in Visual Admin "Global Configuration -> Server -> Services -> UME Provider" and there the property "ume.logon.branding_image".

- Downloaded the par-file com.sap.portal.runtime.logon and modified it with new pictures, renamed it, placed it in the right directory and then edited the "authscheme.xml" file to use it.

I have restarted the WAS after each of the things done above. No result, the picture stays the same every time.

Now I have seen in a new thread that you shall edit "(drive):\usr\sap\SID\JCNN\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\com.sap.security.core.admin\servlet_jsp\logon\root\layout".

What the heck is it all about? Do you have to edit/replace/do something else in two three different places in order to replace a damn picture on the very first page??? Excuse my language but I'm really fed up now. The strange thing is that some of the threads covering the topic are marked "answered". I'm starting to suspect that they are not but that the authors just have resignated and given up, like I will do soon...

So, if someone has something clever to say about this I'm all ears.

Best regards

Benny

Former Member
replied

hi Benny,

I would recomend something , dnt copy . get the par file and import it in the NWDS . unzip the par and get the lib file and place in the folder in NWDS as importing the par does nt import the lib filer.

Now you can change the images using NWDS, try deploying it . It will work dont place it manually.

Quick Steps

Logon screen files are in ( a zipped file) com.sap.portal.runtime.logon which can be copied from

">\<SID>\<Instance>\j2ee\cluster\server<#>\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deployment\pcd\

It is to be noted that the file will be as com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak copy that file and remove the .bak extension using rename option (press F2).

iii) Import the PAR file into Netweaver Developer Studio:

a.) Select File>Import .

b.) Choose the option PAR file. Select Next and a popup window

appears.

c) Fill in the details in the screen which poped up .

d) unzip the par file and navigate to PORTAL-INF\lib , copy the jar files umelogonbase.jar and com.sap.portal.runtime.logon_api.jar and paste them in the project structure available in the NWDS (under portal-inf\lib).

e) Change whatever you want .

f) Deploy thepar on the server , open portalapp.xml select default and click on run.

make sure you rename the file before deploying.

regards

Pankaj Prasoon

Edited by: Pankaj Prasoon on Sep 11, 2008 7:15 PM

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question