cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to pull data using Function Module datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a custom function module in the CRM system and used that to create a FM datasource to pull data into BW.

When I checked the datasource in RSA3, the output of the FM seems to run as a loop.

As i change the number of dat packets to display , the data keeps changing. But there are only 7 records effective for the output.

The same 7 records are displayed again in other data packets.

Since this loop is running in the datasource i am not able to pull the data in BW.

Please suggest me a solution. lEt me know if you nedd more information on this case.

Regards,

Arun

Edited by: Arun Kumar Karnan on Sep 11, 2008 2:01 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried this one too and it did not work for some reason. Hence I have created a query as a infoset and use that to load data and it worked.

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

The FM code is fine. I have run the Fm in se37 and it pulled the required 7 records, that was required. It was working fine there.

When I put it as a datasource it runs an infinite loop and keeps returning the same 7 records in diferent data packets.

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you added the exception

raise no_more_data if your fecthb retruns no more record.

Also have you put this exception inside the loop for incrementing the data package.

I think you dapakid loop keeps on incrementing the packaet counter even if threre is no data or may be you have written an infinite loop inside which keeps on fetching the data from the table inside the loop.

Also rememebr that you are apssing the values of the data pack Size and number of data packets from RSA3 options so you need to take care whether you are covering these scenarios or not.

Thanks

Ajeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

so don't you think that the FM is problem with the code maybe?