Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass user password change - CUA installed

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

I have a CUA system that connected to all my landscape. We are interested to make a mass change passwrod in only one system of all the landscape.

I've found FM BAPI_USER_CHANGE but when I execute in the child system, the password is not reset. When I execute it in CUA system, it changes in all the systems bu I'm interested to change only in one system.

Please advice,

Dimitry Haritonov

6 REPLIES 6

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I've found FM BAPI_USER_CHANGE but when I execute in the child system, the password is not reset. When I execute it in CUA system, it changes in all the systems bu I'm interested to change only in one system.

The last one is expected behaviour. Annoying, but expected.

I would expect the bapi to run successfully in the child sytem. Have you tried tweaking the scum settings?

0 Kudos

We tried to change it to "proposal" in the passwod section but still I didn't see any changes.

However, we would like not to change the scum settings even if it is temporary becasue in the middle of the day there is a lot of work with SU01 transaction.

Any idea what should I do ?

Please advice,

Dimitry Haritonov

0 Kudos

Hi,

What if you changed your scum setting for initial passwords to everywhere?

I know you prefer not to change this during the day, but this setting would have no visible impact to those users maintain the passwords from the CUA client.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry,

the BAPI checks if a CUA is active, and if so, how SCUM is set. So using the standard coding will not work, if you have set SCUM for initial passwords to 'global'. A setting to Proposal or Everywhere will allow you to reset the password with the bapi locally.(just verified on my 6.40 system). So maybe you have forgotten to fill the field PASSWORDX with X???

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hello Bernhard,

I set the PASSWORDX with the X, maybe it takes time ? Also, I work on WAS 7.0 ... maybe there is a difference ...

I'll check again but I prefer not to change the scum settings. However, I see that only if I change the scum settings I will be able to run the report properly ...

thanks ...

Dimitry Haritonov

0 Kudos

> ... but still I didn't see any changes.

Where are you looking to see the changes? The system might not be updating usr02-bcode anymore because it does not need to...

Cheers,

Julius