cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP_GEN transaction - why not all User IDs in a satellite system show up ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to us transaction BP_GEN and have a specific question.

I use the button 'Add' and select a Satellite System from the list of values (destination SM_xyzCLNT123_READ).

It adds the folder XYZ <Installation Number> 123 (client number)

However, when I open the folder, I do not get to see the complete list of all User IDs from that system concerned.

Is there any program that periodically refreshes the User ID list so that it becomes available to see here; any prerequisites involved that I have missed out ?

Helpful answers will be immediately rewarded and gratefully ackowledged.

Warm regards,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

1.) clear the date selection

2.) check wether the user you use in rfc to select the data in satellite system got the appropriate authorization.

Hope it helps.

/cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks.

1) I did this before intuitively; still didn't get me the whole list of users

2) Can you please elaborate a little more on this ?

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

1.) Just tested... to "clear date" is not working. Enter a date far back in time.

2.) When you add a system you get an overview which RFC is used to read the data from satellite system. There is a user assigned to this RFC (tx: SM59). That user needs authorizations in the target system to read user data.

/cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks again.

1) The problem with entering a date far back in time (for me) is that it shouldn't filter out User IDs that were created in recent past; I would ideally want the system to provide me a list of ALL users who are valid in the system as of the day I am trying to list them (viz. today). What field does this point to, in the User record - the date when User ID was created or Validity check ?

2) Thanks for clarifying. Do you know of any specific Authorisation objects that I must have in the satellite system ? Obviously, when I do a /nSU53 in BP_GEN transaction, after an attempted search for Users, I do not get any authorisation errors.

Also, I can understand this (authorisation) being a cause if no records are fetched. I do see enough records - just that they seem to be a part of the total list, not complete.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini,

maybe put the date in for the day before. Maybe the server time was set in a way that half were created on one day and the others on another day. I think the date is for when the users were created.

Just for troubleshooting I would put it far back to see if you can even list out the users you are looking for.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Authorization object S_RFCACL is required for the RFC connection..

regards,

mahantesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

the table is USR02 and the field should be ERDAT (creation date).

As for authorization: since you are able to select a couple of users I doubt you got a problem with this.

Anyway, the user used for selection needs following authorization:

Object: S_USER_GRP

ACTVT 3

CLASS *

You may have a look at table USR02 and see if you got any strange entries in field ERDAT which might be the reason for the wrong selection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all, for your time and replies.

Authorisation wasn't the issue.

I played around with the dates, having checked ERDAT in USR02 field. Though the total entries appearing in USR02 and BP_GEN aren't exactly the same, I seem to have got most of what I was looking for.

Someday, I would perhaps try to understand the coding logic behind BP_GEN.

For now, thanks again to you all for your time and kind inputs.

Srini

Answers (0)