Future Delivery date

former_member370721
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to issue a delivery which meets the following conditions:

- Stock posting: Now

- Date on Delivery note: future date

What date on the Delivery form do I have to change to the future date?

Posting Date and/or Document date?

AFAIK posting is for 'financial'. Where does document date have its influence?

Thanks for clarifying

Franz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this document which explains, Dates in SAP Business One

[https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000203912007E/CW10_FIN_Dates_in_SAP_B1.pdf]

[https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000203392007E/CW10_FIN_Dates_in_SAP_B1.wrf]

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz

My impression was that you wanted the stock posting to occur now and not in the future, so therefore the posting date should be current. Consider the impact of the Sales Invoices in terms of revenue. Will the posting date be the same as the Delivery? If not, your GP could be skewed in G/L reports where the COS (from delivery) is at a date and the Revenue (from Invoice) at another, possibly in 2 different periods.

You are correct about the document date not really influencing anything in the delivery note, but rather on the Sales Invoice where Sales Tax will be posted.

To achieve what you want in terms of posting and document date different, consider using posting date as current for posting and changing delivery note printout to use delivery date for future date (and possibly ignore posting date). The question is how this impacts on the customer's delivery rules in terms of picking and physically delivering the goods.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

former_member370721
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Peter,

Your impression is correct.

I did some testing and found that even when the posting date is set to a future date, the quantity on the delivery note is immediately deducted from the stock quantity. This is how I need the stock quantity to be handled.

Background:

We have a special agreement with this customer. Sometimes, we do (physically) ship parts with date on the delivery note that lies in the future. The AR Invoice then will not be issued before actually reaching the date on the delivery note. The due date for the payment will start when the Invoice is issued, irrespective of the real (physical) delivery/shipping date.

Let's say its like we put in a shelf in our warehouse where it is waiting for the date on the delivery note and then will be shipped - except that we put it in a shelf at the customers site ;-).

Thanks for your continuous and detailed support!

Franz

Edited by: Franz Leu on Sep 11, 2008 3:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Franz Leu,

Please select posting date, posting date is the accounting date.

Regards,

Raghu N

SAP business One Forums Team

former_member370721
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Respecting all of your postings and the document regarding the dates (which doesn't really say much about the document date in regard of a delivery note) I end up with the conclusion that I change the posting date to the future date (document date will be changed to the same future date automatically.

It seems that the Document date in the delivery form does not really have an influence somewhere.

Thanks

Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz

All postings in SAP Business One base the posting period on the posting date, with other words the G/L is updated by the posting date. In older versions the Document date was also called Tax Date. This date is therefore used to apply tax to the document in a certain period. Your COS posting to G/L and stock movements in the warehouse will also be based on the posting date. The Delivery Date can be used to indicate that the customer requires the stock at a future date and in reports should be the basis for sorting. Delivery date originates from Sales Order and Pick and Pack manager (if used).

Kind regards

Peter Juby