cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining Source of Supply for External Procurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody, i am a newbee in SAP, and now I have problem with MRP, hope you can help.

- I created my own Material with MRP type = VB

- I created 1 Info Recode for that Material

- I created Source List with relevant to MRP for 2 vendors.

1 - When I run MRP, there is PRs created with fixed source determined in PRs

2 - When I change MRP type from VB to PD, and run MRP again, PRs created but without source determination.

Do you know what i have to maintain more to determine Source of Supply for External Procurement after run MRP

Thanks and looking for your reply

Thu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tought of PDT...GR processing is a mistake. I meant you may have quite different requirement dates in case of 'VB' and 'PD'.

What is the reqiurement date in case of 'VB' and 'PD'? Maybe

Are you using 'fixed source of supply indicator'? Which master data are using (QA?)?

(OSS note 206684 is about source determination and you can check SAP help as well.)

Thanks,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Sep 12, 2008 9:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have closed last PR and run MRP again, it's work now, thanks you all

@ Csaba

- reqiurement date in case of 'VB' and 'PD' is the same in MRP report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U check that PP module whether it is assigned to PD like it ihas been assigned ti VB, mostly this assignment may not be there.

In source list change the date limit

Pandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the source list enter 1 as MRP indicator and try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but i already maintained that indicator in the source list, that's why with MRP type = VB, it works, but dont know why with MRP type = PD, it doesn't work.

Do I have to maintain anything else?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think that the MRP type has anything to do with the source determination.

If you change it back to VB and run MRP again, do you get the source assigned ?

The source list has validity dates, how they are in your source list ? What is the delivery date in your PR?

If you have muliple sources in the source list, how many have the MRP relevant indicator?

if you have more items with MRP indicator, then How do you help SAP to decide which source to assign?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen, I answered your quest as below:

1. If you change it back to VB and run MRP again, do you get the source assigned ? --> yes I have source assign in PRs

2. The source list has validity dates, how they are in your source list ? What is the delivery date in your PR?

- Valid date in Souce List

11.09.2008 to 11.09.2009, Vendor A, MRP indicator: 1

12.09.2009 to 11.09.2010, Vendor B, MRP indicator: 1

- Delivery date in PR: 15.09.2008

3. If you have muliple sources in the source list, how many have the MRP relevant indicator? --> 2

4. if you have more items with MRP indicator, then How do you help SAP to decide which source to assign? --> base one Valid date, isn't it?

Pls help

Edited by: Hang Thu Nguyen on Sep 12, 2008 4:19 AM

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hang,

What is the delivery date in case of MRP type 'VB'?

Are you facing the same problem if you change 01.09.2008 to 01.01.2008? What's about the lead time (GR pocessing tinme)? (I mean the source of supply maybe isn't determined based on the delivery date...)

(I'm not sure but maybe it is wort a trial)

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

I have change to 01012008 but face in the same problem. GR processing time = 1 day.

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

go to the material master of the material u use in MM02

here in purchase view or mrp2 view try changing the gr processing time

regards

kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunai

What GR processing time should be? I have change to 5 days but still can not see vendor assigned, pls help