how to maintain PO version in case of po amendments

ROC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/8a/60b43bb7492147e10000000a114084/content.htm

In the case of procurement transactions extending over a longer period of time (for example, in the procurement of capital goods), you may need to differentiate between various versions of the purchasing document. You may also need to refer to one particular version when corresponding with the vendor.

The Version Management facility enables you to generate and manage versions of purchase requisitions and external purchasing documents such as POs. A version groups together the change documents generated in the course of subsequent processing of the relevant document. A version thus indicates the revision level of a document (version 0 = original document, versions 1 + = revisions) and provides the user with an overview of the various changes that may have been made in the course of time.

Version Management thus represents an extension to the hitherto existing change documentation functionality for internal and external purchasing documents.

Version Management can be used in connection with purchase requisitions (ME51N, ME52N and ME53N only), RFQs, purchase orders, contracts, and scheduling agreements.

The following prerequisites must be satisfied before a version of a purchasing document can be deleted:

The changes made in the version must have been reversed (cancelled, revoked)

All open messages must have been deleted

CONFIGURATION:

1) Go to SPRO-MM-Purchasing-Version Mgmt-Setup Version Mgmt for External Documents

Activate Version Mgmt against your Doc type and Double click on that Doc type NB then in next screen in Control data tab mark all the fields and in Field Selection set all the Fields as Required entry Except Posting Date and save.

2) go to SPRO-MM-Purchasing-Version Mgmt-Define Reasons for change

Create one New Reason Called Xyz something and give text and save.

3) Go to SPRO-MM-Purchasing-Version Mgmt-Set up change Displays

Here Select Doc type say NB and Give Table name say EKPO for PO and EBAN for PR, Give Field name say MENGE for qty and save.

Hope it helps...

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plz chk this,

img - MM - purchasing - Version management - Version management for external PO - in that for purchase org act should be flagged. then only version management is active.

Pandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have a Question where can we see the Version Management option in Purchase order i.e ME21N / ME22N /ME23N

Please explain where to see which version we are currently working on ...

Regards,

senthil.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Go to SPRO-MM-Purchasing-Version Mgmt-Setup Version Mgmt for External Documents

Activate Version Mgmt against your Doc type and Double click on that Doc type NB then in next screen in Control data tab mark all the fields and in Field Selection set all the Fields as Required entry Except Posting Date and save.

2) go to SPRO-MM-Purchasing-Version Mgmt-Define Reasons for change

Create one New Reason Called Xyz something and give text and save.

3) Go to SPRO-MM-Purchasing-Version Mgmt-Set up change Displays

Here Select Doc type say NB and Give Table name say EKPO for PO and EBAN for PR, Give Field name say MENGE for qty and save.

Now try once.

Regards,

Ashok

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use Version Management Concept for this.

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

1.In SPRO - IMG - MM - Purchasing - Version management - Setup version management for external Purchasing documents. Here flag the check box version active for the doc category F, doc type NB & Pur org.

2.After doing changes in the PO, check the PO the syetm will ask to enter the version no in the PO - Header - Version tab.