cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

layout creation with Crystal Reports for sales order, offers....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there any opportunity to create layouts with Crystal Reports you can use for Offers, Sales Order, Bills, Credit Notes?

Usually we create these layouts with the PLD but now we want to do this with CR. Is it possible?

I'm in doubt about this, because in the PLD selection area you are not able to access the *.rpt files.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meike

In Print Preferences you can set each document individually to automatically print when the Add button is selected. You need to turn this OFF for all documents you want to print via Crystal Reports.

Hope this explanation helps

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, I understand. Thank you very much.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meike

There is no physical link between the Crystal Reports rpt file and SAP Business One documents at the present. To run a report that has been created in Crystal reports, and added to SAP Business One using Manage Crystal Reports, go to the module where it has been added and click on Crystal Reports and select the necessary report from the list and execute (Preview and print button).

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, I see. So I should better create my print layouts for example Sales Quotation with the pld?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've read the blogs, they are very interesting but I still don't know how to open the rpt file when I have opened for example a Sales Quotation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meike

You will need to turn off the "Add to print" function for these reports under Administration > System Initialization > Print Preferences or User Defaults (If used) and run them from the Crystal Report Menu manually. Not sure if SAP will allow us in future to link the Crystal reports rather than the PLD direct to Documents, I am assuming this will follow in future releases as I know that for now ALD and XLReporter will still be available in next year's release.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry, but what do you mean with "add to print function"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this Blog, Quick Start Guide for Crystal Reports 2008 to Create SBO PLD Layout formats

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/10370] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Creating identical print layouts with Crystal Reports 2008

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/10190] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Thanks to Satish Kumar Movva and Davinder Singh for their blogs