The difference is too large for clearing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I entry a customer invoice by t-code F-22 :

Debit : AR-Cust1 Doc Amt : USD 0.3 Local Amt : TWD 9

Credit : Revenue Doc Amt : USD 0.3 Local Amt : TWD 9

Then I use T-Code F-30 to clear AR-Cust1 open item :

Debit : Bank Doc Amt : USD 1.12 Local Amt : TWD 34

After I choose AR-Cust1 open item, The screen field "Not assigned" value is 0.82, I click menu Document / Simulate, the system alert error message "The difference is too large for clearing, Message no. F5263", and help document told me to click link "change tolerance groups for user" (T-Code : OAB4)

The configuration in OAB4 as below :

Amount per document : 9,999,999,999,999

Amount per open item account item : 999,999,999,999

Cash discount per line item : 1.000

==============================================

Revenue : Amount 100, Percent : 1%, Cash discnt adj.to : 100

Expense : Amount 100, Percent : 1%, Cash discnt adj.to : 100

After check the configuration for tolerance groups, I try to change the FI document Item Amt :

1. AR-Cust1 Doc Amt change to USD 100.3

2. Bank account Doc Amt Change to 101.12,

When I use T-Code F-30 to clear AR-Cust1 open item, there is no any error message happening.

How sould I change the configuration at T-Code OAB4, to avoid error message "The difference is too large for clearing" when AR-cust open item DOC Amt is USD 0.3 and clear by USD 1.12.

Best regards,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check at below Tcodes.

TOLERANCE GROUPS FOR GL ACCOUNTS ( OBA0 ) and/or

TOLERANCE GROUPS FOR EMPLOYEES ( OBA4 )

Cheers

Srinivas

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please tick on 'No forex rate diff. when clearing in L in OBY6 transaction ,your problem will be solved.if  you tick this indicator system will not consider foreign exchange rate at the time of clearing otherwise it will consider exchange rate at the time of clearing and you will get error 'difference is too large to clear"..

Former Member
0 Kudos

please tick on 'No forex rate diff. when clearing in L in OBY6 transaction ,your problem will be solved.if  you tick this indicator system will not consider foriegn exchange rate at the time of clearing otherwise it will consider exchange rate at the time of clearing and you will get error 'difference is too large to clear"..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have already checked below configuration T-Code Value :

T-Code : OBA0 :

Tolerance for Groups of G/L Accounts in Local Curre :

Debit posting : 0 TWD, Percentage 0 %

Credit posting : 0 TWD, Percentage 0 %

T-Code : OBA4 :

Upper limits for posting procedures :

Amount per document : 9,999,999,999,999

Amount per open item account item : 999,999,999,999

cash discount per line item : 1%

Permitted payment differences :

Revenue : Amount 100, Percent 1%, Cash discnt adj. to : 100

Expense : Amount 100, Percent 1%, Cash discnt adj. to : 100

I don't understand when AR open item amount is USD 100.3, and incoming payment 101.12, The system can auto clearing by current configuration, but change the AR open item amount to USD 0.3 and change incoming payment amount to 1.12, The system alert error message "The difference is too large for clearing". The same system configuration and the same "Not assigned" value in choosing open item screen, but produce different results!

How should i change the configuration?

Best regards,

Eric

Edited by: Eric Yang on Sep 12, 2008 2:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

please tick on 'No forex rate diff. when clearing in L in OBY6 transaction ,your problem will be solved.if  you tick this indicator system will not consider foriegn exchange rate at the time of clearing otherwise it will consider exchange rate at the time of clearing and you will get error 'difference is too large to clear"..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

This could be because the user cannot post that amount. Please check the tolerances defined for the customer.

This would probably solve you error.

Regards

Kavitha