Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

856 EDI mapping for G_SHL Segment

former_member1275317
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding the G_SHL segement mapping in DELVRY01.-- EDI856 scenario.

I have this mapping for other customer now i need to implement the same for new customer.

In that mapping they created 3 duplicalte G_SHL .

For 3rd G_SHL they created a UDF for generating ITEMS, PACKS, and their count by taking the inputs as E1EDL24 and TDLINE.

what is the need of these two inputs.

Regards,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i suggest u refer the mapping sheet transformation logic based on which this UDF is written or ask the developer who has done.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think TDLINE is just a free field to fill data as description and stuff like that, on the other hand the EDL24 contains all the position data and packing data

for example, if you have 2 positions in the delivery and they're packed in two packs, you would have 4 EDL24, the 2 positions and the 2 positions within the packs (maybe some reference to how the pack is done?) : (00001), (00002), (90001), (90002)

I think that's easier than to check for EDL37 and the sub EDL44 (Pack and Item segments)

but since the TDLINE can be used in many ways as reference you should probably check the logic and any document for that development

By the way, i was currently requesting in one of my questions how to create a UDF for the Pack, items structure, could you provide more info about that? thanks!