cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding RFC destination "Test Authorization" wrong password problem

0 Kudos

Hi, I installed SRM 5.0 on windows 2003 server and installed SAP R/3 4.7 on another system. Both are connected in LAN and I am able to successfully able to test the RFC destination connections also. But if i clik on "test--authorization" in both the sytems, then I am getting the error that "password" is wrong. I am sure that I am giving the right password in both the systems.

Because in r/3 password are case insensitive and in SRM 5.0 passwords are case sensitive. Will this be a problem. If any one has faced simialr problem earlier, could you please let me know solution for this.

Points will be rewaraded for right solution.

Regards

Ravee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi, thanks alot for all the people resonded for my problem. Finally the problem is solved. The issue was from WAS 7 onwards, SAP supports case sensitive and more than 8 character long passwords. If we want to make it downward compatible in RFC destinations ex:-r3 4.7 or r3 4.6c, we need to make all passwords capital and should be less than or equal to 8 characters.

Note 971942 solved the problem.

Regards

Raveendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is better to have same password policies in both systems.

In SRM System:

In the RFC Destination for R/3, please make sure you given the user id and password of the RFC User who has been created in the R/3 system.

In R/3 System:

And the follow the vice versa in R/3 system, give the User ID and Password of the RFC User in the SRM RFC destination (user who has been created in SRM system).

Regards

Kathirvel

0 Kudos

Hi Kathiravel, thanks for your anwer. I am using R3 user to connect from SRM and SRM user to connect from R3. But still I am getting the same problem.

Regards

Ravee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try to perform a Remote Logon between these systems, then will give you a better idea. Then please provide full authorization for the RFC users.

Regards

Kathirvel