cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Mapping Template for External Definitions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created the Mapping Between Idoc and External Definition.

I want to create Mapping Template for this. and How?????

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In this Help File, said that we can create the Mapping Templates also for External Def and RFC's & IDOCs.

How can we create those, it is not allowing me to create For Idocs

One side is Idoc & target side is External Def

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/79/2835b7848c458bb42cf8de0bcc1ace/frameset.htm

Regards

Edited by: Suman gupta on Oct 1, 2008 9:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can only create Mapping Template between Data Types.

Also as you say once side you are using Idoc and other side ED.

So better to import Idoc then export its xsd. then again import its XSD in IR.

Now both side you have ED.

So create one canonical mapping between it and reuse. (u can do same b/w idoc and ED)

thanks

farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>You can only create Mapping Template between Data Types.

What do u mean by this....As stated in Help file those mentioned above clearly saying that we can create for Complex types of ED.

Can we create Mapping Template if we have the Source & Target Structure with External Definitons????

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create new mapping template--> and try to assign source and target types. and chek what is accepts

if it accept external definition then go with ED.

But note : for template souce and target structure should be same. if your idoc has diff and target ED is diff then no meaning to create template.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>But note : for template souce and target structure should be same. if your idoc has diff and target ED is diff then no meaning to create template.

If the Source and the target both the structures are same means what is the meaning in creating the Mapping Template here.

We can place the cursor on the both root nodes and say mapp idetical fields.

The use behind in creation of Mapping Template is , if u have to mapp several fields and no need to rework on this means mapping Template can be create and reuse instead of creating and mapping fields again

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

this case is possible if ur source and message structure is same during message mapping.

but what about this :

n1
 -n2 
    -n3
      *-n4*
         *e1*
         *e2*
         *e3*

n22
 -n44
    -n55
      *-n4*
         *e1*
         *e2*
         *e3*

can u highlight both node (n4) and say map identical fields? Will it work?

in this case we need to create mapping template. Also why u need to create template between Idoc and ED?

are they going to come as a substructure in source and targer MT?

Hope these blogs will help you

thanks

farooq

Edited by: Farooq Farooqui on Sep 11, 2008 5:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Idea behind using the Mapping Template is

I have Article Master Idoc that needs to be send to Webservice .So i have ED at Target Side.

I did Mapping and this is very big mapping and this have lot fields needs to be mapped.i have done this mapping.

So again i want to use the same mapping in the Other SWCV. thats why iam trying for Mapping Template process

Now any other suggessions....

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

so same i was saying..there is much diff in resuing mapping and template

So now do one thing create SWC dependencies and reuse the same mapping. (if source and target are same).

Or you can go with cannonical approach. in this all we use 3 SWC.

one for sender

one for receiver

and one for interface mapping & mapping prog (so it can be resuable).

Thanks

Farooq

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Please give me the documents which delas with the creation of Mapping Templates for External Definitions

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Kummari,

This deals with Creation of Mapping Template with Datatypes. This is not at all related to creation of mapping Tamplates with Extenal Definitions nor using Idocs

Check in 4th Page

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50171256-1ee2-2a10-3f84-ddecf098...

REgards