Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering PR Release WF gives "The release code does not exist in T161E"

kirantelur
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have developed a PR Release Workflow(WS0000038), with upto four levels of release. The release strategy(with classification) is defined in SPRO. Upon creation of the PR in ME51N, the release strategy tab appears, with values of release codes as specified. But when I try to test run the workflow with the same PR number and the relevant release code, an error message comes before the processing of the workflow can start. The message is "The release code does not exist in T161E". I searched for it and found out the table T161E is the table for storing release code for release strategy WITHOUT classification and the table T16FC is used to store the release codes of release strategy with classification.

Why is the workflow trying to verify the release code with a release strategy that does not even exist? Is there any manual way to link the workflow with WITH CLASSIFICATION strategy? Please help me in this regard.

Regards

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's a bug. Well caught. The reason why this is throwing error is the WF container release code has been defined with the type RM06B-FRGAB and this field has check table from T161E. Change the data type and it should be fine.

Regards, IA

kirantelur
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Imtiaz,

Thanks a lot for your answer, i have changed the WF container as well as Task containr's datatype to T16FC-FRGCO. do i need to change the data types of Event container and method container also? b'cos the event container and method container also have same datatypes.

Regards

Kiran Telur