cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created two alert categories and 10 alert rules for the two alert categories. After configuring all the staffs, it is wokring. But one problem I am facing now is that, one error been triggered into XI from source system and I have got 10 alerts in my alert inbox(5 for 1st alert category and another 5 for 2nd alert category). Here I would like to say that, I have defined in the alert rules the following configuration:-

Rules Active: checked

Suppress Multiple Alerts: checked

Could you please suggest me to go forward in the correct way probably why I am receiving 10 alerts of one error. I think there is something I need to do with the rules, it might be a minor problem, but I cant trace that out at this moment.

Could you please help?

Regards

Soumya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- Alert Configuration

- Trouble shoot alert config

Check the alert rules defined and ensure the filter criteria is different in both..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to filter the criteria different for different alert rules?

Regards

Soumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) can u tell me ur configuration.

2) how u r triggering the alert.

3) How to filter the criteria different for different alert rules? wat it ur requirement can u explain

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See, its a general alert framework to be built in XI to send all the incoming alerts into the alert inbox as well as in emails.So, here we have created two alert categories, one for Adapter Engine and another for Integration Engine. For Adapter and Integration Engine, I have added five rules for each, say, Application, XIServer, XIProxy, XIAdapter, XI Protocol, this is for to catch all the upcoming alerts. So, there are total 10 rules for 2 alert categories. After configuring everything while testing this by triggering an errornous file from source system into XI system, I got 10 alerts for one errornous file (5 alerts for Adapter and 5 alerts from Integration), whereas, I suppose to receive only one alert.

Therefore, I thought that there must be some problem in defining the rules. Could you please help me to resolve this. I hope I am clear avout my requirement and configuration.

Regards

Soumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u check the configuration again.

see the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/56/d5b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

I have checked the configuration. It looks fine to me, I have checked with the lonk also you have provided, but cant find the solution. See, the problem I have assume, but not the solution. The problem is that for each alert rule a separate alert been created which I dont want. I want one alert to be created for one error based on different kinds of rules. Now what it doing, it is creating alerts for the whole 10 rules/

can you pls help me in finding a solution for this?

Regards

Soumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Probably I have traced out the problem, but can't find the solution. The problem is in the rules I suspect. Becasue, I have defined five rules for one alert category Integration Engine Alert and the the five rules are Application, XIAdapter, XIProxy, XIServer and XIProtocol, all are the different options for Integration Engine button under 'Where did the error occur'.

Here in the 'Alert Rule Definition' portion of all five alert rules, I have given the conditions like this:

Connected to Message: Not Relevant

Sender Party, Receiver party and all other parts: *

By putting '*' I guess it's sending five alerts for an error occurs in XI. If I specify the Sender Party, Receiver Party and all other staffs as in the condition, it may work. But the problem is that, it would be then interface specific, and if there are any new interface comes into XI, this won't work. Whereas our alert framework would be generic, that means it should work for any new interface comes into XI.

Hope I am clear about my requirement :). Can anybody help me to solve my problem? I am really breaking my head into this for some day.

Thanks

Soumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have changed the configuration. I have created only two rules for two alert categories, the two rules I have created by putting "*" as in the condition to make them generic, now the framework is working perfectly for the time being. I will think later how to create multiple rules for one alert category and those rules would be generic. not interface specific.

Anyway thanks a lot guys for your support.

Hence closing this thread.

Thanks

Soumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

unhecked the Suppress Multiple Alerts option.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have unchecked the checkbox 'Suppress Multiple Alerts' in RWB, but still I am getting 10 alerts for one error.

Any idea what else creating this ambiguity?

Regards

Soumya