cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are going to do an upgrade from 4.5b to ECC 5. I know that it will save time to have all the

support packages downloaded before starting the upgrade. Now, I am not familiar with the upgarde

procedure. Do we have to apply the latest support packages to our current 4.5b system before

upgrading? 4.5b has the old hot packages. Does it make a difference when going straihgt to ECC

5.0. How to determine which support packages are needed for the current version and the target

release? Does the upgrade assistant tell you that or you have to determie yourself?

Thanks a lot.

Cyrus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrus,

Sometimes you need to do upgrades in two or more phases like for example:

1 Step: Upgrade from 4.5B to 4.6D

2 Step: Upgrade from 4.6D to ECC5.0

(It's only an example, not a guide for actions).

Also you need to pay attention to the OS and DB compatibility (E.g. if you run your 4.5B on NT4, you will likely need to upgrade it to Win2003EntSrv to go with ECC5.0/6.0). DB can also require an upgrade as well.

So basically you need to create a detail plan identyfing components that are going to be involved in teh upgrade and things required to be done.

As for the target release SPs, I think it makes sense to shoot for the latest SPs available.

Regards,

Mike

Message was edited by: Mike Puzankov