Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different between SIS and G/L account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAPper,

one of our customer asked about the different between SIS and G/L Account

They checked the different between FS10N and MCSI (we setup customized SIS)

FS10N MCSI

41101101 (Sales) Sales

41102101 (Retur) Credit Memo

41103101 (Diskon)

FS10N (Sales-Diskon) = MCSI (Sales)

FS10N (Retur) = MCSI (Credit Memo)

Is there any idea what makes it different?

In my opinion SIS takes all data in sales table, on the other hand G/L account take data from sales that has been release to accounting?

I don;t whether this is true or not.

Any idea is very appreciated.

Best regards,

Freddy Ha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SIS is a reporting module, which has no connection with posting in FI. This is a separate information structure, which performs the compilation and reproduction of data in a particular format (e.g. M(CA would give you information on all incoming order, customer specific). These reports (as the name goes) are SALES specific

G/L Accounts are accounts into which transaction data (e.g. from invoice, from payment receipts, etc.) are posted (both on customer and vendor sides)-- in order to create the balance sheet, P&L statement, and other such accounting documents.

So, basically -- SIS is statistical in nature (no real "financial" implication) and FI G/L Accounts are the actual financial information.

Cheers.

Edited by: Sowmya Mohan on Sep 11, 2008 12:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohan,

yeas, i agree with you. I have compare the billing list from SD and SIS, there are some same figures, but some of them different. Still don;t know the way SIS works.

But actually you are right there is no relationship between sales data and g/l account.

We will try to re populate the SIS, but i think it needs some time because the data is huge

Thanks once again.

best regards,

Freddy Ha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad I could help! Appreciate if points are awarded!

Cheers

Edited by: Sowmya Mohan on Sep 12, 2008 9:58 AM

Answers (0)