Individual COst center restriction in BI
My company is also looking for restricting access to cost center specific & we have implemented a solution using Listcube tcode, let me explain the steps.
1. The Analysis auth obj (AA) contains ZCC_AUTH info object which is given aggregated values.
2. this AA is inserted into the role & then assigned to the user.
3. The User assigned to a specific Cost center is inserted into the ODS table.
4. Then the Listcube tcode is run for the infoprovider, which assigns the costcenter to the user Id.
5. When User runs the BI query the assigned cost center values only is retrieved from the database.
But i feel this is has disadvantages
1. Every time a new user is created, the ODS table as to be updated with this info & list cube as to be generated or if a user changes the Cost center then we once again have to update the ODS table & regenerate using the List cube.
Now i would like to know the solution w.r.t user customer Exit with variables
1. when is the customer exit is trigerred -
a. when the query executed by the user is run or when the auth check is done for cost center in the AA object?
2. How to determine inside a query which info object are being checked, i know in RSECADMIN the trace shows which auth objects have been checked - but seeing a query i need to know which auth obejcts have been used for retreiving data.
your suggestions are really helpfull for me to debug this issue we are facing.
Thanks a lot in advance.