cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Is there a way to trigger the next process in a process chain. Like what happened is my process chain failed on one step and i then did that process manually. Now i want the process chain to start from the next process. is there a way in which i could do that. any program or something which could trigger the next step for me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nvytla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Graeme,

You can forcefully change the status of the process (which was run manually) to Green so that next process in the process chain run automatically.

Please follow below steps:

Check the State of Process:

1. Go to the Transaction SE11

2. Enter Database table: RSPCPROCESSLOG

3. Click on Display.

4. Click on Contents (CtrlShiftF10).

5. Enter VARIANT and INSTANCE, by looking into the Chain tab of Display Messages of Process.

6. Execute (F8)

7. Click on Display.

8. You can observe the STATE of the Process.

Modify the State of Process:

1. Go to Transaction SE37

2. Enter the Function Module : RSPC_PROCESS_FINISH

3. Click on Display

4. Click Test/Execute (F8)

5. Enter LOGID, CHAIN, TYPE, VARIANT and INSTANCE

a. Get LOGID and CHAIN from Log

b. Get VARIANT and INSTANCE as explained earlier

6. Give the State of the Process (to which you want to set)

7. Execute (F8)

8. You can see the change in status in above screen shot.

Hope it helps,

Naveen

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the following example.

You are running a process chain which has 10 processes in sequence. Process chain failed at step 5.

Resolution 1:

You can repeat the failed process if appropriate. (Provided the "Repeat" option should be available for the particular process). If the process runs successfully, This will automatically trigger the subsequent processes.

Resolution 2:

You've manually corrected the error outside the process chain. So that the status is still "Red" in the process chain Log.

Now you can change the "Red" status to "Green" so that it can run the further processes. You can change the status with the function module "RSPC_PROCESS_FINISH". (As suggested by Priti)

Go to SM37 Transaction, execute the FM "RSPC_PROCESS_FINISH". You have to give the following inputs.

Log Id:

Every time when a process chain runs, it runs with a new "Log Id" it is unique for this process chain through out the system. You can get the log id at the left pannel of the process chain log view. Or you can find it out in the table "RSPCPROCESSLOG".

Process Type:

Ex: ODSACTIVAT, PSAPROCESS, LOADING, ABAP, INDEX

(To get this value, right click on the failed process, go to "Display Messages"

Variant:

Right click on the failed process, go to "Display Messages"

Instance:

Right click on the failed process, go to "Display Messages"

(You can ignore this if the instance is not found)

The possible values are "G" or "R".

(In order to make the process success, you've to select "G".)

Regards,

Shashi

rajkumar_kandula
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right Click on your next process and if you get the option REPEAT there, then you can again start your PC from there else you need to manually run all the processes taht r in ur PC.

In general we cannot start PC from next process if it a infopak process, in general if our next process conatins any non dataloading procceees then we can repeat PC again from that process else we cannot do that.

Regards,

Rajkandula.

nvytla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Your inputs are good but it is possible to run the process chain from the next process (if failed in one process and fixed manually). Please have a look at the above steps proposed by me.

Thanks.

Hope it helps,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This blog may help You.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3149] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use option of start via meta chain (in process chain starter variant, 2nd option in starter process variant change) for 2nd process chain which is intending to start after completion of first chain. Save & Activate 2nd chain.

Now in the first chain after all the required steps have been added. Add process of "Local process chain" its under "General service node" . Here you can select which process chain to call . In our case its process chain 2. Save & activate process 1 and thats it .

Hope that helps.

Regards

Mr Kapadia