cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML File to XSTRING format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have XML file and i want to convert it to XSTRING.

Any idea how to do this?

Thanks,

Victor.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Develop simple UDF and take all source values as input and in function simple use concatenate mechanism. Finally the output will be as string. At receiver end use FCC u can get as string.

or

Configure FCC technique at receiver adapter according to your requirement, we can get string format target file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for the response.

I think i forgot to explain that my requirement is not in XI but in SAP R/3.

How to create XSTRING format from XML File in R/3.

Actually what i'm trying to do is i want to debug and to understand how the codes inside the message mapping that using ABAP Class in XI work.

When we created ABAP Class in XI we used IF_MAPPING interface, and it will have "source" and "result" in the parameters, and in "EXECUTE" method we put in our code to parse the XML to "result".

"Source" and "Result" are in XSTRING format.

Since now my XI server is not ready yet, so i copied the codes inside the "EXECUTE" method in the class to the function module (se37) in R/3 and copied all the same parameters as in the class. So later on i can execute the function module and debug from it.

The thing is the "source" parameter is a XSTRING format, but i only have my XML file that i want to parse.

So is there any way to convert my XML file to XSTRING format, so i can pass it to my function module in "source" parameter and debug from there to see how it work to become a "result".

Thanks in advance,

Victor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

u want to change the data to XSTRING if yes then while creating the data type select the type as binary64 for that element.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this

Regards

Seshagiri