cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F.05 Revaluation issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe, when we reun F.05 we give posting date and reversal date. We also tick in create posting and reversal posting check boxes. Once done, when we execute F.05 , system should post valuation difference and then reverse the same on the reversal date.

In my case, reversal is not happening inspite of giving reversal date and ticked in the reversal postings. Hence when I go to clear the original document, system is generating additional line item for balance sheet item which got posted during F.05 valuation.

Please suggest

For better understanding

FB60 entered for foreign currency and the F.05 executed

Posting date given as 08/31/2008 and the reversal date is given as 09/01/2008.

System is creating entry for 08/31/2008 but reversal entry dd not get created

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member266169
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

do also NOT flag the box reset valuation.

BR Tarik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Gr8 !!

One more Q please !!!!

I have ticked in the check box, 'Bal Sheet Preparation Valun'.

Now the thing is , its updating BSEG table with value in valuation difference. And when I go to clear open item in FB05, a line item is created for balance sheet account. Which should not happen innormal case. How to nullify this effect.

Raj

former_member266169
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working with New GL Rel. ERP 5.0 and there is no checkbox for balance sheet preparation.

I would propose: do not flag this box and try again. Read alos SAP help with F1 on this checkbox for what purpose it is.

BR Tarik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The check box 'Bal Sheet Preparation Valun' and the check box for reversing entry are mutually exclusive.

With Balance Sheet Valuation, the system will change all open items and record in each document a valuation difference. This way, in the following month, when you do the same, the system will only record the Difference between last month's value and this month's value. For this reason, the system will not allow you to reverse this entry.

If you don't check the Balance Sheet Valuation box, then the system will force you to make a reversing entry (for open item managed accounts), and the revaluation at the end of the month will always be the difference between the current value and the historical value.

Hope this helps, best regards,

Pascal

former_member266169
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

do NOT flag the box reverse postings which is on the bottom as last box.

BR Tarik