cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Hierarchy to another Characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I would like to load the 0COSTELMNT hierarchies to my ZCOSTELMNT field. I need the hierarchies on both as one is a secondary cost element.

I cannot create the Z field as a reference characteristic of the 0 field as i need to use them in planning and this causes issues with the Characteristic Relationships (derivations) between the two.

How would I create an upload to the Z field for the hierarchies or how would I copy the hierarchies between characteristics? I'm hoping the answer is not download to flat file and upload!

Thanks

Gareth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard functionality would do it

(I have cost element hierarchies feeding a z infoobject)

If you get into a problem if you are using 3.x functionality - ie one datasource to one infoobject and you can;t connect the z infoobject because it already feeds 0costelement

Then either use the data via a PSA or look at creating an export datasource out of 0costelement and using this to feed zcostelement

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct, we are using a 3.x datasource and that is where our problem began.

We tried the export datasource but when you build transfer rules to an infosource you are not able to build them for data type hierarchies, only text and attrs.

I expect the PSA option would work but we're currently not on flexible update so don't have that option. I guess what we need to do is either change the sources to 7.0 or change to a flexible update.

Thanks for your help...you've confirmed our suspicions.

Gareth

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is how I did it - using glaccount and zglaccount (in 3.5)

Create GL account as a infoprovider and export datasource it

Then create a zglaccount infosource and point it at the 80glaccount_h datasource

It worked fine