cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Time Dimension and Related Measure Member

0 Kudos

Hi All,

One my prospect from retail wants to have a daily planning. So here, I have some questions about this:

1) I creat days under week in Time dimension, and found there are WTD in tblformula and tlbsformula. But from BPC for excel, I can see the memeber (by days) in time dimension, but can't see WTD in measure dimension Which only have "periodic/YTD/MTD". How to solve it?

2) Is there any suggestion for the dimension building? I think maybe I can build another dimension named "Dtime", to combine Dtime and Time dimension, I can simplfily the maintenance of Time dimension. But for the standard copy data package, I can't select Dtime, only can copy by Time. How to solve it?

3) the Capacity: Retail industry needs to plan via daily/stores/brand, each dimension has over thoudands members. Can BPC support such planning with good performance? is there any customer references to share?

Thanks in advance!

Maggie Liu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Measures, per and YTD have formulas within BPC. to add a new measure you need to create the formulas to support those new measures. Also, the purpose and application of Performance management is to work with summary data. Working with a dial volume is akin to a transactional system and a RDBMS may be a better solution. Daily measure may genterate a volume of data that could negatively

2. You can only have one time type dimension within an application. I'm not sure what kind of logic would be used to calculate time from two dimensions?

3. See number 1. I've done a few retail and have never seen anyone planing at such a low/detail level.

0 Kudos

Any other advice?

Thanks/Regards;

Maggie