cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning USER values in the task of workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I am using the USER option in the task to sending workitem to the perticular user which i have given in the user option .

I am doing this in development .

When i will move my workflow to Production then if the user id which i have given in develpment will not be present in production then my workflow will not work there .

And in production also we may not change the user id ,

so is there any way through which we can able maintain the userid values in production .

Note : I want to use the USER option in the task not through the expression option .

thanks

sarmistha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think usually the agents are assigned directly. There will be some sort of logic to assign. Then as Karri has said use Rule or Can create a Position and assign.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

RESOLVED .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define container element (TYPE SWHACTOR)

Fill that using

objtype = 'US'.

objtype = 'userid'.

in Agents choose Expression and then give value of that container element.

Hope magic works,

Purvesh Patel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I was you, I would probably use a rule (with responsibility) in the workflow step to assign the agent. Then by using transaction OOCU_RESP you can maintain the user(s) for the rule in each environment separately.

Regards,

Karri

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarmistha,

Please check this PDF for Adhoc assignment to workflow which determines agents dynamically..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5023ddbd-de8d-2a10-d7a2-c9910d1e...

Check this link which also gives you help in assigning agents at runtime using Adhoc step in Workflow

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Workflow/adhocAgent/Assignment1.htm

Hope this would help you.

Good luck

Narin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use Ad Hoc agents. It is similar to using expresstion. however it is sap standard way on determing the agent at the runtime. Also, By using TCODE, go to the tab Ad Hoc agents, you can specify agent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No way if you are using a USER Id in other words you are hardcoding it in the design. Only way we can do this is by Expression or you can maintain an Org Unit which should exist in Production and later in that Org Unit you can assign agent.

Thanks

Arghadip