Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to extend standard business object for PO and create a new event [for PO change] in it. This new event for PO change will have the same functionality as that of standard PO change event.

Could anyone tell me how can i link my new event with PO change cz m changing the PO and my new event is not getting triggered in workflow.

Please let me knw in case you need any further information on this.

Thnx.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can give the Object in the Start Event of the Workflow.

Give the Business Object Name and the Event there.

Bind themand then create the Workflow.

This might Help.

Regards

Sumit Agarwal

0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

I did the binding but I do not understand how can I link my event with PO change?

I want that whenever I change the PO, my new event for PO change should trigger my workflow.

former_member182466
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sayed,

just creating your event will not trigger it. If your event is exactly the same as the standard just use the standard event. If you do need a custom event you can have the standard event trigger a method or function module and then trigger your custom event there.

Hope this helps,

Gert.

0 Kudos

Thanks Gert !

This is really helpful.

The new custom event is same as standard event. I just wanted to knw how can we link the new custom event with ME22 i.e. change PO. Do we have to code somewhere for the custom events to trigger our workflow exactly the way we want?

Pls let me knw if you hv any idea abt it.

Thanks & Regards,

Saba

0 Kudos

Some more details: in SWE2 you can define new event linkages. Here you could link the existing event to a function module. This can be a function module you build which simply raises your new event using a call to FM SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT. See FM SWW_WI_CREATE_VIA_EVENT for the interface needed for the triggered function module.

But I still do not understand why you would want to do this, you can easier just trigger your workflow with the existing event.

Greetings,

Gert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sayed,

To link your Zobject with the standard one, you need to delegate the object

go to TC SWO1 -

go to settings -> Deligate

Change mode go to new entries add your 'Z' object type to standard object. where ever you call the standard object your Zobjects methods and attributes will be loaded and displayed

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Regards,

Naresh.