Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

funtion module to free memory ..buffers to avoid time out ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Please let me know the FM to free memory ..buffers to avoid time out ...for proceesing over million data.

Regards

Prem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are speaking about 2 different notions, no : you can free memory but remaining in time out!

You need to free memory if you have not enough memory to store data collected (which can be the case when processing over millions of data...), but it will not be the cause of your time out which means that you have exceeded the maximum duration set in your system for process your data!

For your problem of timeout, you can try to launch your program in background job (if possible) and see the result via transaction SM37.

For the problem of memory, you should treat your data by package.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI prem,

there are many Function module to free memory.

Goto SE37.

Search with string

*ree*emory*

You will get alist of all the function modules.

Select your required one.

Regards,

Anirban

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which kind of junk memory you want to free?

Please confirm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this FM . Its used to Free used memory space-

OIURV_VOL_XTRACT_FREE_MEMORY

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are speaking about 2 different notions, no : you can free memory but remaining in time out!

You need to free memory if you have not enough memory to store data collected (which can be the case when processing over millions of data...), but it will not be the cause of your time out which means that you have exceeded the maximum duration set in your system for process your data!

For your problem of timeout, you can try to launch your program in background job (if possible) and see the result via transaction SM37.

For the problem of memory, you should treat your data by package.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

yuri_ziryukin
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Prem,

before asking for a function module to free memory you have to provide the community with more information. What kind of transaction/report is giving you problems and why do you think it is related to the memory consumption.

I usually do it in the following way if it comes to performance:

1. Take a trace with ST12/SE30 transaction (with internal tables)

2. Determine what exactly is causing the problem by sorting the trace by Gross/Net time and see what can be done for it.

Before this initial analysis you cannot be sure that the problem is caused by some memory issues.

Regards,

Yuri

0 Kudos

Note the date of the OP

Rob

0 Kudos

Wow, sorry, Rob I just saw a recent reply. Somehow I was not active in this forum before, but probably this will change

0 Kudos

It's OK Yuri. Sometimes when old posts get responses, other responders don't look at the date and start answering again. I'm just trying to keep that from happening.

Rob