cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recv material without updating Inven. stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

I need to rcv a material but i do not want that this material should be visible in storage location i,e i do not want it's inventory stock also this material will be consumed in plant after this i will make payment to vendor also through MIRO , pl suggest how to proceed.?

Regards

sap11

Edited by: sap11 on Sep 11, 2008 10:35 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to crete such material under Mat Type NLAG

NLAG: It stands for Non stock material

In customizing for basic setting in material type neither Qty update or Value update. No accounting data is maintained in Material master hence stock values are not updated. This material is procured only with account assignment.

In this case as soon as material is received Qty & value is posted to consumption account & statistic gets updated.

No updation of Qty or value takes place in Material master record.

This will take care of your requirement.

Vivek

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Create one new cost center KS01 , and raise po against the cost centre, and then GR it. your problem is solved

Bye

Rajj

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx to all of you,

sap11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U create a PO with account assignment category, say cost center, for that cost center u ask ur FI to give GL account when u enter a costcenter it will pick respective gl ac.

Pandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

but when i was craeting P.O then G.L acctt was already there in grey field after this i had given the cost center , pl guide that from which configuration the G,L acctt has come automatically

sap11

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

u can assign the gl acct (cost element) to the cost center in OKB9

when u enter teh cost cenetre system will pick the acct

regards

kunal

award if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

in my case in OKB9 there is no any type of assignment of cost centre & g.l acctt . but in this case when i gone to path spro---> pur -> acctt ass.-> maintian acctt assign cat. here in front of K cost center is given i had selected the line & click on detail icon here the GL.acct is in selcted for display , i need to know that due to this reason only the G.L acctt is coming as in disply while making P.O but from where it is coming that i need to know ?

sap11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can do GR as GR Blocked Stock ( 103 ), by this way your stock wont get updated / valuated, before using the stock you can move it as your stock and then continue with the process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The tracking for such account assigned materials will need to be done offline..

Once GR is done on an account assigned PO, the material is directly hiting the consumption... you will not be able to trace the same in any s.locations

Regards

Merwyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating the PO use the account assignment category "K" and specify the Cost Center.

When GR is made the stock will not get updated to inventory account, it gets charged to the respective GL code/Cost Center

Regards

Merwyn

dhrubacharan_behera
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For this create a PO with Account assignment category K and enter the relavant G/L Account and Cost centre.Than do GR and MIRO.This will not update the stock in the material master and storage location.

Dhruba

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i want to find this material after GR where will it be , i need to ask that as u wrote that stock will not updated this means that it will no go in stock account , but where will this material be placed in plant .

sap11

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

This material is directly consumed to the Cost center only not to any st location.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One you do GR for a Account Assigned Po then No Stock Can be Seen in MMBE.

You can see the Account Assigned / Cost Center Stock in KSB1 Trxn code.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

here pl guide that the material val class is 9000 , so in this case val. class had not played any role i had gone to OBYC here the trxn key KBS is seen but here is no tick on acct dete column. why ?

sap11

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear dhruba,

i want to know that as i had created the P.O for acctt assignment k then in item level a G.L acctt is automatically coming , can u tell me how this G.L acctt is coming automatocally where it is configured ?

sap11

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is defined in the acct assignment category.

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

Check the SPRO - IMG - Purchasing - Acct assignment - Maintain acct assignment categories. Here in the details of K - u can see the fields selection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir so thanx for reply , i m in SPRO here for K the field is cost center , but here is no evidence of G.L ( stk consumption ) i need to know that from where the G.L acctt come automatically in acct assign tab at item level .

sap11

Former Member
0 Kudos

pl read my last thread , & reply for the same that how the G.L aCCTT is coming automatically .

sap11

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

1.Check in the SPRO - IMG - MM - Purchasing - Material master - Entry aids for items without material master.In this if val class is assigned to the material groups, then the Corresponding COnsumption GL acct will be displayed in the PO, if the same material group is used in the PO.

2.Check the same & confirm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx for reply , i m in this path -

> SPRO - IMG - MM - Purchasing - Material master - Entry aids for items without material master.In this if val class is not given the column for val class is empty for this mat grp this same mat grp is usedin this P.O . pl help what is other reason for this .

sap11

Former Member
0 Kudos

can ne one help me out?

rgds

sap11

Former Member
0 Kudos

can ne one reply for this

sap11

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello ,

the account determinatoin is determined as follows .

for the moment type 101 with costcenter " K " no A/C determination is defined in transaction event key KBS..

but

this equalant to the moment type of 201.( offesting entry for stock posting ) which triggers GBB with VBR .

in ur account determination for the value of val class with VBR , u will find the G/L accont .

if this account determinaton could not able to find then, system will chk for account determinatin by the materials W/O material master.

regards

venga