cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Leveling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a workcenter say molding. I have to 2 materials 105, 104 which works on the same workcenter.

I want to put material 105 in 1 shift and 104 in the second shift. How can do the capacity leveling to incorporate this.

Regards

Samarth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samarth,

In this case you have to do manually by dispatching alternate in capacity leveling by selecting time period as per your wish.

OR

Dispatch plan orders of alternate material code,For example first dispatch Plan order of material X(Which you want to produce in First Shift and dispatch it.Then select plan order of Material Y (for second shift) and dispatch it.

OR

Edit that work center and set capacity for only one shift and assign that work center in routing of Material 1.(In shift definition you can set timings for only shift 1).Create new Work center with available capacity of 8 Hrs for 2nd shift.And assign that Work center in routing of Material Y.

Regards,

Dhaval

Edited by: Dhaval Choksi on Sep 11, 2008 2:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Dhaval,

I cannot have shiftwise PO. I have elobarated a little more on my requirement for easy understanding.

date 1 shift 2 shift

11/09/2008 105(PO:1512) 104(PO:1513)

12/09/2008 105(PO:1512) 104(PO:1513)

13/09/2008 105(PO:1512) 104(PO:1513)

14/09/2008 105(PO:1512) 104(PO:1513)

Regards

Samarth

Edited by: samarth rao on Sep 11, 2008 11:17 AM

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Samarth,

Then just think about option 3 from my earlier reply (Going with 2 work center with different available capacity timings)

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhaval,

Can you please elobrate on that 3 point. How can i put timing in the workcenter.

Regards

Samarth

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samarth,

T.code CR02 (Change Work center) go to Capacity Header.Define Standard available capacity as,

For Work center - 1

Start : 08:00:00

Finish : 16:00:00

For Work Center - 2

Start : 16:00:00

Finish : 24:00:00

You can set detail Interval and shift definition by pressing Intervals and Shifts Button.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi samrath,

U can also try one of following hope it will work for you,

1. U make two individual capacity in work center by going capacity header then goto & individual capacity.

By double clicking on Individual capacity u can give time for first machine according to ur first shift & for second same as second shift.

Now go to production order operation detail & go to capacity requirement assignment & gives first capacity for 105 material.

& second machine for 104 material.

2. u will made two work center having different working time according to your shift & maintain them in material according to your requirement.

plz try any of them i think ur problem resolved

'Thanks

Rakesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best way you can insert same operation/work center twice in the routing and assign component 105 and 104 respectively and define timing there accordingly.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

Can you please elobrate a little more.

Regards

Samarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi samarth rao ,

Hope you will have individual production orders for both these materials

go to CM25/CM27 & do the dispatch according to your requirement

Revert if you have any further doubts

Regards,

SVP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vijai,

I cannot do it according to my requirement. when i dispatch the first order is completely finished then second is taken for production.

Regards

Samarth

Edited by: samarth rao on Sep 11, 2008 11:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think u can make it by dispatching only, change start time as per your requirement & dispatch it.

Thanks

Rakesh Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

The order for the material 105 and 104 stretches for 15 days. Once i put the start date whole of the order of 105 will first be taken and completed and then 104 is taken into production and this start and finish date is reflected in the production order. I want to have always in first shift 105 and in second shift 104.

Is there any other way of doing this.

Regards

Samarth