cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS: What is PS Text, Text Types for PS Text?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I came across this config: Project Systems > Documents > Define Text Types for PS Text.

Can you explain what it is and where it could be found?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivian

Please go through this link:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/4c/226c0a46e611d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

for useful material on PS Text.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, the explanation is not so clear, could you give specific example and specify where exactly I can find it?

Thanks!

Regards,

Vivian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivian,

Go to SPRO>Project System>Documents>Define Text type for PS texts. Read the document adjacent to the indicator. That explains you the purpose.

PS texts are user-definable texts that are managed in a PS text catalog. The texts are grouped according to text type and can be created in several different languages. You can create PS texts in SAP Script format or using Microsoft Word. The files in question are stored in the R/3 database. You can assign PS texts to one or more WBS elements or activities.

To create PS text for any WBS element, go to the detail screen of that "WBS" in project builder, click on "PS Text OVerview" for eg. Create a PS text called Specification with text type 01 (Function Description) and format 2 (DOC Format)

Enter a text of your choice in the Microsoft Word Editor.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can see the PS Text overview in CJ20N. It is like a table in which you can select existing entries and specify some value. However, it is still not clear what it is used for and will it appears somewhere else (aside from CJ20N Document PS Text Overview.

Is it just like some free text what you specify for information purpose similar to long texts?

Thanks!

Regards,

Vivian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivian,

It will not get defaulted from anywhere. As you said it is free text, which you wish to enter for objects like WBS, activity etc.

PS gives 2 options for assigning info. 1 is assign document, where you can assign PDF, DWG etc docs to WBS and other objects. PS texts is other free entry option to assign info to PS objects.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

Thanks for your answer. So PS Text's purpose its just like long text that is used for supplying additional info on each WBS Element right? Could we assume some of the example of PS Texts to be : Fax number, Tel number, comment from proj mgr, etc?

Thanks!

Regards,

Vivian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya, thats right.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

It is possible.Right click on WBS->Create->PS text.

Note: you are asking your issue on a very old thread.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it's an old discussion but it did seem relevant. Let me know if you think I should create a new discussion.

From your instruction I can show you that this right click method does not achieve what I'm after as the PS Text item is greyed out -

Is this to do with my config?

Thanks

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto Settings-> Options->'Tick'mark the checkbox for 'PS Text' under  Processable Objects.

Thanks