cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What technical programming skills needed to work in CRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am a ABAPer working for CRM 4.0, now we are planning to upgrade the system to CRM 7.0. I would like to know whether CRM 7.0 is developed using Web Dynpro for JAVA or Web Dynpro for ABAP or BSP. I am planning on updating my skills. Kindly advice me.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

The UI of CRM 7.0 is based on WebClient UI. It is a BSP application.

As you have worked in ABAP it will be easy for you to grasp the concepts. All you need to know are the following:

1. ABAP OOPs ( MUST ).

2. WebDynpro for ABAP ( MODERATE or GOOD TO HAVE ).

3. BSP Application ( GOOD To HAVE ).

The UI programming skills mentioned above will leverage your understanding and will help you to better understand the IC WebClient Framework and Architecture.

You can also look for the new FORUM of CRM 7.0 UI which will help you and will provide you a platform to start.

Thanks,

Samantak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samantak,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have a good understanding of ABAP objects but I don't have any real time experience but I think if I go for a training in BSP & ABAP Web Dynpro I will become familiar with ABAP Object.

What is your advice regarding this.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Since you have a good understanding of the ABAP Objects you will find the other ABAP components easy. Just try some hands on the system with ABAP Objects. You will become familier with the Class and Methods and how to use the same in ABAP. In SE38 --> Go to Examples section which will give you a lot of examples.

As for the BSP and WebDynpro, you can go for training, which will really help you to understand the IC WebUI.

I would suggest you to take the WebDynpro Training first, and then BSP. This will help you a lot as you will have a good understanding of the View,structures and Components.

Thanks,

Samantak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you very much.

Answers (0)