cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guided Procedures: Second step is not receiving parameter-values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, well i am stuck.

I have two COs as WebDynpro Java. These two have the same parameters, input and output.

My process inherits two blocks with one action in each and one CO.

process

block1

action1

co1

block2

action2

co2

Now i have the problem that even though i did a consolidation on the paramters in process overview the parameters are not shown in second WebDynpro.

I tried to change process for taking an predefined Display view and here the parameters are shown!

So what is going wrong here. My code in InterfaceController of the second WebDynpro is as follows.

Can someone help why the parameters won't be shown in second WebDynpro?!

br

public com.sap.caf.eu.gp.co.api.IGPTechnicalDescription getDescription( java.util.Locale locale )
  {
    //@@begin getDescription()

IWDTextAccessor textAccessor = wdComponentAPI.getTextAccessor();
		GPWebDynproResourceAccessor resourceAccessor = new GPWebDynproResourceAccessor(textAccessor);
		IGPTechnicalDescription technicalDescription = GPCallableObjectFactory.createTechnicalDescription("CO_NAME","CO_DESCRIPTION",resourceAccessor,locale);

//		Pre-existing structure for input / output parameters
		IGPStructureInfo input = technicalDescription.getInputStructureInfo();
		IGPStructureInfo output = technicalDescription.getOutputStructureInfo();

try {

IGPAttributeInfo idistrChan = input.addAttribute("distr_chan", IGPAttributeInfo.BASE_STRING);
		idistrChan.setMultiplicity(IGPAttributeInfo.MULITIPLICITY_0_1);

IGPAttributeInfo idivision = input.addAttribute("division", IGPAttributeInfo.BASE_STRING);
		idivision.setMultiplicity(IGPAttributeInfo.MULITIPLICITY_0_1);

//		   Create the attributes in the output structure
		IGPAttributeInfo distrChan = output.addAttribute("distr_chan", IGPAttributeInfo.BASE_STRING);
		distrChan.setMultiplicity(IGPAttributeInfo.MULITIPLICITY_0_1);

IGPAttributeInfo division = output.addAttribute("division", IGPAttributeInfo.BASE_STRING);
		division.setMultiplicity(IGPAttributeInfo.MULITIPLICITY_0_1);

//		   add result state
		IGPCOResultStateInfo success = technicalDescription.addResultState("Success");
		success.setDescriptionKey("Success_desc");
		return technicalDescription;
		} catch (GPInvocationException e) {
		return null;
		}

//@@end
  }

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, well i did this properly yes.

I know thought the problem is simply that no Commit is triggered. Therefore i implement an own BAPI with same functionality as BAPI_QUOTATIONCREATEFROMDATA2 and added the BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT call to it.

When testing this in R/3 everything works fine, all is written to database.

So i imported the Z_BAPI to Guided Procedures. Now i want to test this Z_BAPI with same values as given in R/3. But when triggering the BAPI nothing happens in Backend. What can be wrong here!?

Data is the same as in R/3-Test and i also get green flag for execution, but nothing is on database!!!

Can you help?!

br

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First , Test whether the BAPI is being called whe u trigger it in GP, by adding an Ext. Break Point to the BAPI. If the call is successfull, then , check if the Data being passed is transferred to the BAPI input parameters,if yes,then there is no problem from GP perspective.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks fine to me...

And you have implemented the execute method to fill your webdynpro context?

Something like this:

IGPStructure input = executionContext.getInputStructure();
String division_in = (String) input.getAttributeAsString("division");
wdContext.currentContextElement().setDivision(division_in);

My bet would be you are not mapping your context variables correctly, cause your code seems standard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, yes you are right - i fixed it yesterday.

Nevertheless i have another problem, perhaps you can help me on this?

I have a guided Procedure with Ext. Service BAPI.

I fill WebDynpro fields in first process step, have mapped it to the ext. Service BAPI and getting in next process step this info:

+The next activity is not yet available: try again later using the "Refresh" button +

When pushing it after some minutes nothing else happens!

What might cause this?! Well i am new to this therefore this questions!

br and thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

Have you configured teh end points for the Ext Service.

I feel that the Backend system parameters have not been given correctly.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/19/e9b229c70d4fb281ead4aef4764848/frameset.htm

Hope this helps you,

Cheers,

Sudheer.