cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use XML files stored in directory of Application server as a input for XI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario that there is a xml file stored in sap application server for example /inf/ERQ/XML/XXX.xml which i want to use it as an input for XI. I know that there is an adapter in XI for getting xml file stored in normal path but in my situation it's in application server of SAP so i don't know how to do this.

Any solution or example for this? Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My xml file is in another SAP ECC 6.0. I already try to use tranpsort protocol File system (NFS) but it doesn't work. Any solution for this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

then use FTP.

provide the R3 serve ip address, login id password and directory details.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had the same situation in our previous project. For some reasons, they didnt allow XI to directly connect into the SAP ECC application server.

So, we used Unix scripts to transfer the file from SAP ECC to another FTP and XI used to pick up the file for processing.

Regards,

Krish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

u have to use the file adapter and use the NFS option.

specify the directory path and file name which need to be picked up. I assume file is on XI server

refer the below link for configuration:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/79973cc73af456e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

U can load the file on XI server directory using SXDA_TOOLS tcode and u can veiw the file using AL11 tcode.

chirag

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can read this file through FILE adapter with FTP protocol, before that i think need permission from basis for access. Configure source(according to xml format) and target structure according to your requirement. But one thing should remember in XI/PI sour/target XML formats should contain Message type name & namespace name else it can't work.

Find below link for more information.

hemant_chahal
Contributor
0 Kudos