cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Forms in WD4A ---issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually I am using Interactive Forms in WD4A. I have some issues....!

1) When ever i am making ENABLED check box "true" and run the application then i got an exception :

"WebDynpro Exception: The ADS call has failed. You can find information about the cause in the error.pdf on the application server "

2) Another issue is that i am not able to make text field as an editable, it is only in display mode...! so how can i make it as an editable field....!

So that i am not able to resolve this issue.... Please help me to resolve this issues....!

Regards,

Harkesh Dang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnkas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harkesh,

I am getting the same problem, after the configuring the credentials is your error solved? I will let my basis team to do the same process.

--

Thanks,

Mohan Tummalapalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems that ADS is not configured properly, use the guide below and check if ADS is working.

Adobe Document Services Configuration Guide -

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30a9630b-4f89-2a10-6fab-e311b3ff...

Regards,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked that ADS is working fine...! through FP_TEST_00, it is configured properly...!

Please look at this issue.....!

Harkesh Dang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Does all of the other tests work fine? for example FP_PDF_TEST, FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE and

FP_CHECK_HTTP_DATA_TRANSFER?

Regards

Thashin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ya i have checked these Programs are running fine for my ADS...

do i need to do anything else...?

Harkesh Dang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you upload a valid credential into the visual admin?

Regards

Thashin

Edited by: Thoshin Naicker on Sep 11, 2008 10:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thoshin,

Could u please explain what are these, so that if i have missed something then i can update it.....!

Regards,

Harkesh Dang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

A valid credential file is required to use interactive forms in SAP.

To obtain a credential file:

Open a message to SAP under the BC-SRV-FP component. In the message text, write that you require a credential (Reader Right) for the Adobe Interactive Forms scenarios. In the message, include an e-mail address to which the credentials can be sent. The persons responsible will then contact you directly.

To install a PKCS #12 file:

1.Copy the credential file (<filename>.pfx) to the /usr/sap/<SAPSID>/SYS/global/AdobeDocumentServices/ TrustManagerService/trust/credentials directory.

2. Repeat this step on each Server node. Note that this step is not required on the

Dispatcher node.

(If the Server nodes are running within a single cluster, the nodes are updated

automatically and you do not have to repeat the step.)

3. Configure the credential attributes for each credential, such as registering the

password, as described in Configuring Credential Attributes.

4. Restart the service PDF Manipulation Module for the changes to take effect.

Configuring Credential Attributes

Use:

Configuring the credential attributes consists of registering the password and the alias of each credential which is used by Adobe document services, as well as setting other attributes such as the sha1 value.

Procedure:

1. Log on to the Visual Administrator.

2. On the Cluster tab, choose Server <x> u2192 Services u2192 Document Services

Configuration.

3. On the Runtime tab, select Credentials.

4. From the Type field, select the type of credential you are configuring (P12 Record).

The fields that become active and available for editing depend on the credential type

that you choose.

5. In the Alias field, enter the alias of the credential you installed. Enter the following:

ReaderRights

Entries for the name of the credential are case-sensitive.

6. For a P12 Record, choose Browse to search for the name of the credential and then

Select.

7. Restart the PDF-Manipulation Service

Edited by: Thoshin Naicker on Sep 11, 2008 11:21 AM