cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive a support message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody know how to flag for deletion (archive) a support message (a transaction)?

We're using SolMan 3.2, but before SP 11 we were able to delete a message directly from menu (Transaction->Delete).

Now it's no more allowed.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you mean deleting a message or notification:

Go to DNOTIF and go in to the notification in change mode. Set the status of the notification to Completed. Now press the status button again and you can mark it for deletion.

Once this is done you can go to SARA and archive using object SM_QMEL (one time or place it in a schedule)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank, Erik, but we would like to cancel the "CRM Side" of a a basis notification, nont only the Service Basic Message (ABA message) itself.

I mean: we go to the Solution Manager Support Desk Operations, then we choose a Support Desk Message and cancel it. Both are SLF1 transactions, but they are 2 different messages.

Could you help me?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sadly i am currently not able to answer that part yet. We are a few days away from having all the service desk configuration ready within Sol Man

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erik,

The first part works but when I want to use SARA it says that Object SM_QMEL does not excists.

Do you an aswer for that one?

regards,

Mike Geluk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

SM_QMEL was also missing initially in our ARCH_OBJ. My collegue got it added but i dont recall how and he is currently on a holiday. A quick check of notes shows:

For all releases, you can implement field catalogs SAP_PM_ORDER901, SAP_PM_QMEL901, SAP_SM_QMEL901 and SAP_QM_QMEL901 from SAPSERV3. Info structure SAP_PM_ORDER901 is also included in the transport.

Transport: ZATK000676

Files : K000676.ZAT, R000676.ZAT

Directory: /general/R3server/abap/note.0195425

Altho this is a rather old note you might want to check into this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erik,

Thanks for your reply.

I will check the notes and will let you how it went.

regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been loooking at deleting some messages since they are invalid test messages when we installed solution manager and we dont really need these. I tried DNOTIF and makrked a message foir deletion.

>however I could not find the obect SM_QMEL in SARa

>I could not see any message in CRM_DNO_MONITOR with status @marked for deletion'

>I opened the message in CRM_DNO_MONITOR in change mode and could see the delete menu option active but when I press delete I get msg saying 'Transaction cannot be deleted'

SO the test and junk messages still stay and cannot be archived at least using the method in your reply

Any other ideas?

Joseph

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please verify my post..

Best regards..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did as you state in your post but the message could not get deleted!

Does that verify your message?

I am stil stuck with old messages

Also is there a way of doing this en masse

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Joseph,

Please check

Hope this helps,

Dolores

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All´s..

In order to resolved this problem..

1-Mark to deletetion in Tr. Dnotif or Dnotiwl

2-Create a report based in CRM_ORDER_DELETE, but change the line : parameters: no_check type crmt_boolean default false no-display. to parameters: no_check type crmt_boolean default false. ""no-display

3 - Insert the message number and execute.

I hope to have helped..

Best Regards

echo_haryono
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Bispo,

thanks alot for your solution, my problem is solve, but i have some question ?

how to undelete the notification after we run the report based in CRM_ORDER_DELETE,

thanks for your help

rgds

echo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I can't flag the ticket for deletion in TCODE DNOTIFWL, the option is disabled. What I have to do to for flag the message. I have Solman 4.0 Stack9.

Regards.

Alvaro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alvaro,

First set the message for In process and save. then set the message for Completed and save. The status mark for deletion will appear..

Claudenir Bispo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bispo,

Help pls...

I tried setting the status of the ABA notifications to "marked for deletion". I am successful in that. But when running the Z-program to delete the ABA messages, not all messages are getting deleted. What can be done after this to delete the messages that are undeleted after running that z-program?

Similarly, while running the program to run the CRM messages what are all the input values that need to be given? Pls advise as I do not have any idea abt it.

It is asking for the below values:

(1) GV_GROUP

(2) GV_JOBS

(3) GV_PARA

(4) OBJECTID

(5) to

(6) PROCTYPE

(7) NO_SEND

(8) NO_CHECK

Thanks & Best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alagammai,

Heave attention please with kind of message, in field PROCTYPE you most filled with type of message (SLFN, SDCR,SDMN and so on..) OBJECTID = number of message, and the file NO CHECK have are marked...

I hope help you...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the same problem. We created a lot of messages during the Support Desk configuration and we could not delete its.

Do you think that it's so hard to delete its (deletion flag, SARA ...)?

What about the number range for the messages? Once the messages are deleted, is it possible to start from 9000000 again? Can we reuse a message number?

Do you have some documentation about the service desk configuration?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Zobair Lamarti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zobair,

If all messages and any other links are removed from the database then yes you can reset the number range. But i have no experience with what is required to actually delete the messages permanently.

There is some information on config available on service.sap.com/solutionmanager and service.sap.com/rkt-solman. On the first one you can find the installation and upgrade guides. Within that directory there is a file called 'Service Data Control Center'. This gives some nice information about the scenario specific Service desk configuration. Within the second one there are alot of SAP Tutor's for all areas of Sol man including the service desk (only under the customer support area)

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot Erik for your rely!

We set the "deletion flag" via the transaction DNOTIF and we tried to delete its using the transaction SARA object SM_QMEL without success(the note 195425 was implemented).

All the messages are confirmed and then we can't remove

its using the report CRM_ORDER_DELETE. We tried the archive its using the object name "CRM_SERORD" without

success.

We applied the note 566225 "Report to delete the basis notifications with delettion flag" and it seems that the messages are deleted. But we continue to see its using

the button "Transaction Monitor" (TA DSWP - Service Desk - Messages - see below.

05.03.2006 9999000000 SLF1 4: Low It's a test - ZLA

26.03.2006 9999000010 SLF1 4: Low test

27.03.2006 9999000011 SLF1 4: Low Problem with Function

27.03.2006 9999000012 SLF1 4: Low help test

27.03.2006 9999000013 SLF1 4: Low TEST Administrator 31.03.2006

9999000015 SLF1 4: Low It's a test

31.03.2006 9999000016 SLF1 4: Low help

01.04.2006 9999000017 SLF1 4: Low ENCORE UN TEST!!!!

Do you have any idea how we can remove its definitely?

Thanks a lot!

regards,

Zobair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing the same situation.

1. I like to archive and delete old support message which were created for testing the service desk functionality.

2. I like to reset the number range so as to get the sequencing from begining.

Anyone who has come across the object name and the solution for this, kindly let me know.

(hindujachetan@gmail.com)

Thanks.

Cheers,

Chetan Hinduja