Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebI error when running against SAP BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I run a WebI query against BW 7 (XI3.0) and it display the following errors:

MDDataSetBW.GetCellData No more storage space available for extending an internal table. (WIS 10901)

To me it seems like a database resources issue. So how can we further troubleshoot this?

Or is there any performance tuning can be made on BO side?

Regards,

Derek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derek,

Means if you include all the items into the Web Intelligence query then they will retrieve data and based on the error message it is pretty clear that you are asking for too much data and running most likely out of memory in the backend.

Try to have less dimensions in the query panel and you will have no error, remember this is not an OLAP tool, the WEBI converts the query to MDX and obtain all the information in WEBI to create the microcube, if you have less dimensions the microcube is smaller and the data you need to retrieve from BW is smaller too.

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the BW OLAP Universe the Row Limit was set to 5000 rows as default. Try by increasing the row limit to get the data

IngoH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

the error is on the SAP side. you are running out of memory

ingo

IngoH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you asking for too much data. keep in mind that the Web Intelligence query panel is what you asking for - not the Web Intelligence report.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a limit of 1 million cells, maybe that is your problem. Also if you have memory problems in SAP system, you will probably find a dump in ST22. If it is really a memory problem, your system administrator will know what to do. Also you can test your MDX statement in SAP with transaction code MDXTEST.

Hope this helps ...

Luc

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Derek

Please have a look at SAP Note 1032461

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Thank you for the update but I could not fnd the SAP Note ID 1032461. Could you please provide me a proper place I can look for the note ID or please check with the Note ID if this is the right one.

I am also facing the same issue at my end and am stuck for a few reports due to this.

Thanks.

Sumeet.

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Sumeet

I have found the note on the Service Market Place https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/notes

Regards

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Connect to BI7 and call transaction DB02, check tablespace size and %use.

Regards,

Alexis