cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading 4.0B to ERP 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to upgrade an SAP system from 4.0B Oracle 8.0.4 on HPUX 10.20 to ERP 6.0 Oracle and on AIX. I have a few questions:

1. Do I need to upgrade to a minimum level (kernel patch, R3Load etc.) in order to use the OSDB migration tools?

2. For a heterogeneous migration to the AIX, can I install 4.0B/Oracle 8.04 on AIX 5.x release, do the migration and from there or is there a better way to do this ?

3. Do I need to do a 2 step upgrade of Oracle from 8 to 9i to 10g ?

4. Where can I find documentation on the migration and upgrade as there is no more information less than 4.6C in the service marketplace?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your query, you can not upgrade from 4.0B to ECC6 as per SAP. Because already I have contacted to SAP regarding the same. I got a project for upgrade but SAP refused to support. SAP suggest to us go for directory installation in ECC6 and implement the same method in ecc6 which is used in your old version. This is safe and cost effective also. Then we go to fresh installation.

In case any one guide you for upgrade it means he is misguide you this is my experiance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your feedback.

Is it documented somewhere in SAP that recommends a new implementation rather than an upgrade from 4.0B to ECC6 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can find a lot of information in: https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/upgrade-erp

I hope this can help you.

Best Regards...

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I've went throught the information in the link, all the information there is related to either ERP6 or 4.6C and above. I'm looking for 4.0B related information as I need to do a OSDB migration from 4.0B first before I upgrade to ERP6. I understand that 4.0B is ''out of standard maintenance'' so I guess all the information has been archived. Does that mean that for customers lower than 4.6C a re-implementation in ERP6 is the only way?

former_member194360
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

following Classroom Training "E2E400_72 E2E Technical Upgrade Mgmt", this is done in steps. First you go to SAP ERP 4.6C, and from there to SAP ERP 6.0.

Regarding material I have seen in service.sap.com/upgrade (with search) a helpful presentation from the SAP global upgrade office (Technical Upgrade Planning (QUE)for SAP ERP).

In service.sap.com/instguides can you find all installation and upgrade guides, including those for SAP R/3 4.0B... 4.6C.

HTH

Andreas R

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to the SAP Upgrade Guide you can now upgrade from 4.0B to ERP6 directly.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one but in the link service.sap.com/instguides I cannot see anything below 4.6C anymore...:-((

former_member194360
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kwee

you are correct in terms of the missing access. Thanks for your feedback.

Please check if the following information answers your points:

- "OSDB" Migration: SAP Note 1007129

- Upgrade Guide "SAP ERP Central Component 6.0 ABAP (OS) (Database)"

regards,

Andreas