cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Connection refused message when trying to get MDM tasks in UWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to get MDM tasks in UWL. But I'm NOT getting any MDM tasks.

Below is the error message in the trace file. I also noticed the userid as 'Guest' in the error trace. But I have done the usermapping for the MDM system. Then why the connection is refused.

System.err#Guest com.sap.mdm.net.ConnectionException: Could not open minimum connections.#

System.err#Guest at com.sap.mdm.internal.net.ConnectionPoolBase.initialize(ConnectionPoolBase.java:134)#

System.err#Guest at com.sap.mdm.net.ConnectionPoolFactory.createInstance(ConnectionPoolFactory.java:214)#

System.err#Guest at com.sap.mdm.net.ConnectionPoolFactory.getInstance(ConnectionPoolFactory.java:109)#

System.err#Guest at com.sap.mdm.net.ConnectionPoolFactory.getInstance(ConnectionPoolFactory.java:84)#

System.err#Guest at com.sap.mdm.uwl.MdmUwlConnector.new_retrieveItems(MdmUwlConnector.java:474)#

System.err#Guest at com.sap.mdm.uwl.MdmUwlConnector.getItems(MdmUwlConnector.java:152)#

System.err#Guest at com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.core.connect.ConnectorThread.run(ConnectorThread.java:104)#

System.err#Guest at com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.core.ThreadManager$PoolWorker.run(ThreadManager.java:168)#

System.err#Guest Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect#

System.err#Guest at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)#

System.err#Guest at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)#

System.err#Guest at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)#

System.err#Guest at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)#

System.err#Guest at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:464)#

System.err#Guest at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:414)#

System.err#Guest at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:310)#

System.err#Guest at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:125)#

System.err#Guest at com.sap.mdm.internal.net.DataSocket.<init>(DataSocket.java:31)#

System.err#Guest at com.sap.mdm.internal.net.ConnectionImpl.connect(ConnectionImpl.java:175)#

System.err#Guest at com.sap.mdm.internal.net.ConnectionPoolBase.createConnection(ConnectionPoolBase.java:401)#

System.err#Guest at com.sap.mdm.internal.net.ConnectionPoolBase.initialize(ConnectionPoolBase.java:126)#

Please help.

Thanks,

Rajee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly have a look at the connection parameters and the permissions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sainath,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm able to view the records in standard iViews provided for Business Partners repository. Any standard port number is to be given for the repository. I have given 2370.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Rajee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajee,

Have you assigned the "eu" role to the portal user?

For UWL eu role is must.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

eu role which you have mentioned is already assigned (pcd:portal_content/every_user/general/eu_role).

Is there anything specific to MDM?

I also assgined Master Data Experts to my userid.

Thanks,

Rajee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajee,

Check the Owner of the workflow and map the portal user with the Owner. Also remove any other systems mapped with the portal user.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your answers.

My problem is still not resolved.

Is any patch required for MDM SP06?

Thanks,

Rajee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajee,

MDM UWL was working fine in MDM 5.5 SP05 but there are few problems in MDM 5.5 SP01 and MDM 5.5 SP02 related to performing the task like moving the task to next step. UWL still display the taks properly even in the current patches.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajee,

please use the latest patch/hotfix of MDM 5.5 SP06.

If a portal super admin user with MDM roles can successfully perform the operations on UI and an other user cannot, that means most probably the other user has less authorization - the portal default trace files do show the missing [permissions|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/f6/2604f005fd11d7b84200047582c9f7/content.htm].

Other: in portal, the mapped repository user must also have authorization, and some hints for MDM UWL troubleshooting are available in the [SAP Note 1029477|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1029477] :

"please confirm and/or deny how does the same UWL scenario work when using SAP MDM Data Manager Workflow. The operational Workflow scenario in Data Manager is a prerequisite for MDM UWL.

regards.

Laszlo.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajee,

Kindly have a look at the below links it may help you trace your problem:

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto