Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User's are forced to Lock when Payroll runs

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Whenever Payroll is running if any user try's to access their Payroll and/or leave request then some how user's are getting locked automatically and the same time they cant view their Payslip and travel req. So, this is forcing our management to lock all the user's before running the payroll. So, this has become a regular task and needed a solution not to get lock the user's during payroll running. How can we do this.

Points will be highly rewarded.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Be careful though....that ONLY locks it down on the Area page. Make sure your iViews to actual services are "hidden" in the Detailed Navigation panel, else users will just open that up and go to the service directly .....those pesky users! haha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris i forgot about that....and them pesky users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The easiest way i found out to do this was to create a proxy class that disables services during your payroll period. Have the proxy class check which payroll areas are locked and the switch the services to a disabled service.

Follow this blog to create your own proxy class. [Create Dynamic XSS Homepages with Static Services Using a Simple Proxy Class|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5457] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks. I guess this would meet my requirement.

Can you give some more info?

Regards