cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting a error stating that Balancing field "profit centre" not maintained in line item not filled while releasing the billing document to accounting and i do not have an axis to FI-CO consultants.

Can you all help me in finding a solution

regards,

guru prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

Dear Guru Prasad

Go to material master, select Sales; General/Plant view and check whether you have maintained the Profit Center there.

Also go to VA02, input the sale order reference and execute. Block the line item in which you have the issue and click from top menu bar Goto --> Item --> Account assignment. Check whether the Profit Center is flowing there.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I have check and profit center is maintained in material ( Sales gen tab) and the same is following in the item - account assignment.

Can you help me again.

regards,

guru prasad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Guru Prasad

Have been going through IMG settings for Profit Center but unable to find out the root cause of the issue as to why system is throwing that message but was unsuccessful.

Is it possible to give the error message number ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Balancing field "Profit Center" in line item 001 not filled

Message no. GLT2201

regards,

guru prasad

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Guru Prasad

I feel I got the information required by you.

If I am correct, splitting criteria is set to your billing such that, for multiple line items, if different profit center flows, invoice should split accordingly. In this case, if the profit center does not flow in billing, then the error message you will get and you cannot proceed further.

Having said this, there are couple of items in the said billing and in one of the line item, profit center was not flowing.

So First check in your billing whether for all line items, profit center was flowing. If for any line item, Profit Center is missing, you can input the same and release to FI.

On the other hand, if you dont want this control, go to IMG path -- Financial Accounting (New) --> Business Transactions --> Documents Splitting --> Define Document Splitting Characteristics for General Ledger Accounting.

Here for your Profit Center, the field Mandatory would have been set and that is why the problem has arised.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

You are right if there are multiple line items, but here i have only one line item. But still unable to clear it

Kindly help me in finding out an appropriate soultion.

thanks,

guruprasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guru prasad,

Did you check all the other config in Document Splitting?

SPRO>Financial Accounting (New)>General Ledger Accounting (New)>Business Transactions>Document Splitting

If the G/L accounts falls within the range in

-->Classify G/L Accounts for Document Splitting

and Document Type is defined in

-->Classify Document Types for Document Splitting

then the system is performing an automatic document splitting (presumably by profit centre), in other words, it is looking for a

profit centre in your coding block but did not find one.

Sachin

venu_mamillapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.