cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLE function module to upload the data from Excel sheet it is working fine in Windows OS when i am using Linux OS I am not getting the data into internal table

please suggest me with correct inputs.

my companies Default OS is LINUX

Correct inputs are rewarded

Regards

Edited by: farook shaik on Sep 11, 2008 8:26 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi farook,

I am afraid that SAPGUI for Java (for Linux or even for Windows) hasn't supported yet on Office Integration. Here some list of SAPGUI for Java limitations :

-

Release Notes - Missing Features

Release 7.10 rev 6 (September 4, 2008)

The following list contains features that are supported by the SAPGUI for the Windows Environment, but which are not yet available for the SAPGUI for the Java Environment..

Office-Integration, such as integration of frontend office applications (like Word, Excel and so on) into SAP transactions is not available.

Some ActiveX-controls part of SAP GUI for Windows used for special purposes are not available as JavaBean in SAP GUI for Java, for example

SAPscript (SAP Note 100358)

New ABAP editor (SAP Note 843289)

Search Help Control is not supported (the old style F4 help window is used instead, offering the same functionality).

CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES: Some methods of this class are not functional using SAP GUI for Java because they are not appropriate for a Java application (like "current directory"), required resources (like the Windows Registry) or Java APIs are not available.

Graphical Screen Painter is not available. The alphanumeric layout editor is supported.

Gantt and Net Graphics are not available for embedding inside SAP GUI for Java as in SAP GUI for Windows, where these components are available as ActiveX controls.

Drag and Drop is supported in Tree, TextEdit and Image control, but not in Grid control. Applications must have an additional way to perform the same functionality.

NewMode Button is not supported (create new modes from the system menu).

Cancel Transaction is not available from a menu, but hitting the ESC key while a session is blocked has the same functionality.

Keyboard Shortcuts are not displayed in tooltip text for buttons in the application toolbar. All currently available keyboard shortcuts are displayed in the menu-bar and function key popup menu.

Archive Link Viewer support is not yet fully integrated into the GUI. Currently, it is only possible to control external viewers by means of WS_EXECUTE calls.

Front-End Printing Using SAPLPD (access method 'F') is only supported on Win32 platforms. For newer back-end versions, a new printing architecture for all platforms supported by SAP GUI for Java (access method 'G') is available, see SAP Note 821519 for details.

eCATT is not supported.

Localization of GUI texts is not supported. All GUI texts (for example, logon window, options menu) are in English in this release.

Status Bar does not show a progress bar yet (text and percentage is shown).

I

nternationalization: The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) has to run with an appropriate locale to display certain characteres,such as Japanese, Cyrillic, and so on. The JRE uses this information to choose fonts which support these characters.

Chart Control: copy/paste is not yet available.

Calendar Control:

The option to display the calendar in horizontal orientation is currently not supported.

Writing Systems:

Languages requiring bidirectional text input/output are not supported.

Inline input is not supported in graphics applications on Unix (see SAP Note 824691)

-

So I believe that you cannot upload data (I guess you create your data using OpenOffice Calc) using Linux. Use SAPGUI for Windows instead to upload data.

hope this could help.

ardhian

http://sapbasis.wordpress.com