cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW to update only one field in materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

My requirement is to update only one field 'HRKFT-Origin Group as Subdivision of Cost Element' in material using LSMW. I tried with Standard Batch/Direct Input -> Object - 0020, Method - 0000. But it was not successful as it gave me warning - 'The material cannot be maintained since no maintainable data transferred' at the end.

Now I want to try this using BAPI method in LSMW. But it is showing me error - No target structures could be determined..

Please guide me.

Regards,

Aparna Gaikwad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In such case its best to use Batch input method . Object - 0020, Method - 0000.

the only thhing we need to keep in mind is the mandatory fields in transaction.

we need to pass all mandatory data in our flat file so that without warnings we can transfer data.

so first check the fields that we need to pass i.e include source fields for material, plant and origin group in your source structure and map with proper target structure.

hope this helps.

thanx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i tried the same and am able to do it using LSMW Batch i/p. Object - 0020, Method - 0000.

There in source fields define material, plant and origin grp. in structure relations map the below

BGR00 Batch Input Structure for Session Data <<<< MBEW1 Material COsting

Select Target Structure BGR00 .

BMM00 Material Master: Transaction Data for Batch Input <<<< MBEW1 Material COsting

Select Target Structure BMM00 .

BMMH1 Material Master: Transfer of Main Data <<<< MBEW1 Material COsting

Next in field mapping map those 3 fields: material, plant and origin grp.

while testing do one thing. first take the data and try the same using MM02 manually. if tht is working fine ( i mean if the material is having costing view and you are able to chnage the origin group). then test with the same material, plant and a different origin grp. It will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

please tell me clearly your requirement

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

better way is to go with LSMW batch input method.