cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Order Workflow - dialog step not receiving terminating event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario wherein based on the release groups and release strategies, different peope need to release the PO's.

I have been able to develop the workflow for this successfully, but here is where I am facing an issue.

After the PO has been created, based on the release group and strategy, it gets routed to the appropriate 1st approver. On their approval, the PO gets routed to the 2nd approver. Once the 2nd approver approves, the dialog step doesnt get completed and is still waiting for the terminating event. Event trace shows that the event is getting published, but there is no workitem to receive the terminating event. I am not sure why this is occuring for only 2nd approver onwards whereas for the 1st approver, the terminating event is received by the workitem.

I am using start conditions for my workflow to ensure only 1 instance of the workflow is triggered for a rel groups and rel strategy and release code, else I am multiple instances each time an approver approves the PO. I am not sure if the start conditions are causing this issue with the terminating events not being received with the workitems.

Any assistance is welcome.

Thank you,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the information provoided it seems you are using PO that is subjected to Release of PO for multiple Release Code and each Release Code Release is being done by one approver. If that is the case then I think the Terminating event should get caught. Please check whether the Terminating event that is getting triggered is specific to the Release Code or not.

Thanks

Arghadip

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The task should get completed either by the approval of the PO from the WI or through the terminating event in case of external approval. Both are not required to happen. Please check the log again.

Regards, IA