SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Rules to CC5.2 from CC 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How can I transfer Business process, Function & Risks etc from RTA system (CC 4.0) to Netweaver version 5.2.

I have found how to upload above items using the "Rule Upload" function in CC 5.2, however this only allows upload from text files.

Is there any chance to download the Business process, Function & Risks etc to text files in the CC 4.0 RTA system.

Please advice.

Regards,

Sri Vandan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

CC 4.0 User Guide Pages 66-70

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please review the GRC Migration Guide section 4.6.3 covers how to download the rules from CC 4.0 and how to load them up into CC 5.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the help. Will proceed with the document.

Meanwhile please clarify me, is there any way to migrate CC 4.0 data to CC 5.2 in the RTA system. I meant to say that download from 4.0 and upload to 5.2 instead of transport, if so how?

Regards,

Sri Vandan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CC4.0 Abap based Transports AVailable

CC 5.2 Java based NO transports available

Migration guide requires you to run a program on R/3 that extract the CC4.0 ruleset into a text file that is uploaded into CC 5.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I read the migration document for CC 4.0 data upload to CC 5.2 Java.

My question is, is it possible TO CC 4.0 data upload to CC 5.2 in abap side without transport?

Regards,

Sri Vandan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can not use transports into AC 5.2, (as I understand it) there is not transport system in NetWeaver.

You create a TEXT file from CC 4.0 and save to your desktop/server.

In CC 5.2 you upload from where you saved the file to, therefore you do not need to TRANSPORT anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Sorry for the confusion, I am OK with data migration from 4.0 to CC 5.2 Netweaver side.

I am asking about CC 4.0 RTA to CC 5.2 RTA data migration at abap side.

I think now you got my question.

Regards,

Sri Vandan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay now I understand. On the Target R/3 system (where CC 4.0 is currently installed) you will need to install the appropriate 5.2 RTA.

There is no data migration required, just a straight install of the new RTA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scenario is I have two landscapes, one RTA is on CC 4.0 and another one is on CC 5.2 which is a fresh installation.

Both are different landscapes, I would like to copy all rules etc from 4.0 RTA to 5.2 RTA.

Is it possible?

Regards,

Sri Vandan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you want to copy the cc 4.0 ruleset into the CC 5.2 RTA, surely you are using the AC 5.2 Java server to perfrom the SOD analysis. The CC 5.2 RTA doesn't need any ruleset loading into it.

I am confused about why you are doing this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Simon, finally I will use CC 5.2 Java server only for the SOD analysis.

Above question is for only information purpose, for Ex: if we don't have Java server and I want to use CC 5.2 abap side in that case what will be the solution.

Regards,

Sri Vandan.

0 Kudos

Sridhar-

Simon is correct, the CC 5.2 RTA does include CC 4.0. So if you install just the 5.2 RTA, and not the Java front-end, all you will get is CC 4.0.

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

CC 5.2 RTA is essentially a CC 4.0 client plus extras, therefore if you export the ruleset from CC 4.0 you should be able to import directly into CC 5.2 RTA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon / Ankur,

Thanks for the reply and clarification.

One more question, we will get the default template text files for rules etc.. with CC 5.2 deployment kit. I know the process of upload those files in to CC Java front end. But how can we upload those files in to abap system?

Regards,

Sri Vandan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not believe that you can load a CC 5.2 ruleset into CC 4.0, you would need a CC 4.0 ruleset file(s).

As to how to load the ruleset into CC 4.0, this info is included in the manuals, it involves activating BC sets, I can't remember the whole process though.

0 Kudos

Simon,

My doubt is, is it possible to upload CC 5.2 ruleset files (default templates) into CC 5.2 abap system instead of Java system.

Regards,

Sri Vandan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The standard upload files are different for CC 5.2 and CC 4.0, so I do not believe that you will be able to easily load a CC 5.2 upload fileset into CC 4.0.

0 Kudos

Simon,

Please read again my question.

h4.

"My doubt is, is it possible to upload CC 5.2 ruleset files (default templates) into CC 5.2 abap system instead of Java system."

Regards,

Sri Vandan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CC5.2 ABAP is a version of CC 4.0 (hence my response) therefore you need a set of compatible CC 4.0 files to load the ruleset from.

So as you can see my answer was correct

0 Kudos

So, what is the procedure to upload the rule set files (text files) in to RTA system (CC 4.0 or CC 5.2 abap)?

Fyi: I know the process of upload the rule set files in Java side.

Regards,

Sri Vandan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CC 4.0 User Guide Pages 66-70

0 Kudos

Thanks Simon.

Sri Vandan.